• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it me? (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

Left scratching my head again! Two photos of a moth that I cannot get to grips with at all, for the consideration of the BF massive.

Also, is photo 3 a Rosy Minor, and is Photo 4 a Dingy Shell? I'm fatalistic about both IDs, I think they are right but if not, please tell me why so I learn something.

Cheers

John

Attachments

• 7T8A6789.JPG
    7T8A6789.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 25
  • 7T8A6797.JPG
    7T8A6797.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 7T8A6800.JPG
    7T8A6800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 23
  • 7T8A6807.JPG
    7T8A6807.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 30
First two pics Dusky Sallow, third pic is Rosy Minor & fourth pic is perhaps something like July Highflyer with its wings closed by the look of it. How large was it? Before I edited, I said V-pug.

Happy to help you get July finished. :t:

All the best

First two pics Dusky Sallow, third pic is Rosy Minor & fourth pic is perhaps something like July Highflyer with its wings closed by the look of it. How large was it? Before I edited, I said V-pug.

Happy to help you get July finished. :t:

All the best

:-O

V Pug I could believe, it was tiny. Far too small for a Highflyer (if July is same size as May).

Dusky Sallow! I looked straight through that, dunno why. I'll have another look - yeah. Makes sense now. Tick.

Got the Minor right, that's some comfort. Tick again.

Thank you very much Paul.

Cheers

John

:-O

V Pug I could believe, it was tiny. Far too small for a Highflyer (if July is same size as May).

Dusky Sallow! I looked straight through that, dunno why. I'll have another look - yeah. Makes sense now. Tick.

Got the Minor right, that's some comfort. Tick again.

Thank you very much Paul.

Cheers

John

:t:

Fourth pic - how about Red Twin-spot Carpet? The ones I catch often rest (annoyingly) like that.

Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back