• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New book on micros (1 Viewer)

Think I'm going to join you in ordering one, see too many micro's I can't identify so hopefully this will help to change that!

Yes, I've pre-ordered mine on Amazon. Put I see that Pemberley Books are also doing a pre-pub offer.
With the Surrey micro book due out soon, it's an expensive year!
Ken

Mine's ordered too. It should be useful for getting micros to genus, although many will still be unidentifiable to species without dissection of course.

Worth the wait!

I got my hardback copy in the post yesterday, and I can say it is a super book. I think the species covered is about right, and the information given is enough, and of course the plates are superb. My copies will be well used I am sure!:t:

I had an email from Phil Sterling this morning and any errors or improvements are welcomed should it run to a 2nd edition.

Received my softback copy in the post today from British Wildlife Publishing,looks very good. A couple of common names missing from the illustrations is my only complaint.

Still waiting for mine - from Amazon. I guess they have to wait till they get their bulk order from the publisher.
Just found a Glyphipterix thrasonella in my office... would have been handy to have the new book to confirm!
Ken

Has everyone received their copies yet? Not me. Pre-ordered a paperback copy. I noticed that a couple of members said they got their copies, hardback and paperback. Thanks for any updates.

Thanks for the responses. I emailed bookdepository.uk earlier but haven't heard anything yet. No complaints about them though, probably one of the best businesses I've dealt with, so can recommend them. I just wonder if the publishers BWP are holding back on delivery to online booksellers so they can move more copies through their own sales outlet? No matter, it'll get here sometime.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back