• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (1 Viewer)

I have barely been at home at all sadly, so this list is going very slowly indeed!! Just a couple of additions from when I very briefly popped home a few weeks' ago:
25. Noisy Friarbird
26. Pale-headed Rosella

19) Hooded Crow on the roof of house next door with nesting material in its bill.

House Martins about this morning down in the town.

Chris

19) Hooded Crow on the roof of house next door with nesting material in its bill.

House Martins about this morning down in the town.

Chris

I saw my first House Martins and Barn Swallows down near Geneva yesterday but I'll have to wait a while before I see them up here, especially the Martin.
Still, my first Ring Ousel earlier on my walk, just 300m from the house, so watch this space.................

No 23. Coopers HawkNumber 70 for all time garden list. Just whipped through past one of the feeders. Thought it had got quiet out there!

Still cool, can still walk across my frozen forest pools, but the meadow pools are unfrozen again and, rather surprising, so returned the pair of Whooper Swans from a week or so ago. Great Grey Shrike still present too, two more White-tailed Eagles overhead, plus a very nice Woodcock on the ground (seventh record on my land, all in March except two).

A notable influx of Rooks today, plus increased Starlings, but otherwise still no large scale migration, dribs and drabs only.

Five additions today, all migrants bar the owl.

47. Tawny Owl
48. Black-headed Gull
49. Woodcock
50. Wood Pigeon
51. Rook

It was a bit fresh here too this morning after snow yesterday afternoon, but it's warming up now, tempting a

49 Serin

to buzz by. Shortly followed by a

50 Skylark

only my fourth spring record here, all have been between 10 March and 11 April.

Last edited:
That's a Siskin, Brenda. A pair visit my feeders too.

Fieldfares & Redwings passing today - in random directions - all seem confused. But nowt new.

After grilling every passing Woodpigeon flock this week I finally got the desired result from the last two flocks of the day:

51 Stock Dove

Three or four in each flock, trying to sneak past without being spotted as dusk fell.

Well done Rich, good to see that determination brings its rewards, as it did for us at The Bill this morning, as a pair of Ravens were only the second sighting ever. Almost as rare nowadays as a Richard Prior sighting!

Ian

Well done Rich, good to see that determination brings its rewards, as it did for us at The Bill this morning, as a pair of Ravens were only the second sighting ever. Almost as rare nowadays as a Richard Prior sighting!

Ian

Cheers Ian, I suppose I've become a 'Description Species' down there nowadays;).
Still hope to get over for my skua 'fix' sometime this year, though last year's Pöm total doesn't encourage!

Just had a gorgeous Turtle Dove (21) in the garden. Strike that, it was actually a Laughing Dove!

Chris

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back