• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Passport Warranty Service (1 Viewer)

ibramr

Greetings. Perhaps it is timely to share with the Forum members here my recent experience with the Leica Ultravid 8x42 HD. The pair is relatively new and under the three year passport warranty. It needed either a change or a professional cleaning of the inside of left ocular element, and address the unexplained discoloration of the focusing adjustment knob.

I dropped the pair in the Leica Store here in Washington DC on November 1st, 2014 with the request to drop me an email/call whenever it is ready. I received an email on November 11, 2014 indicating that it is ready for pickup. That is a total of 11 days that included a public holiday too. Upon picking it up, the notes attached to the binoculars indicated that New Jersey performed the following: a) clean, lubricant and adjust all functions, b) clean optics. c) clean magnifiers, d) purge with nitrogen, and d) repair and adjust focus, all work done to factory specs. I checked the pair next day in the morning three times over, and over again, and it is undistinguishable from new. Work was done under warranty and free of charge.

This is not the first time I receive this superior service from Leica (USA) in the last decade or so. And because of this repeated experience, I feel that my heavy commitment to Leica's products is justified. As I thank and praise Leica for its work here, I encourage the company to quickly address any regional differences in the quality of service and support to their products and customers that were recently reported here in the Forum. Enjoy in good health.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back