• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap Bins (1 Viewer)

Freako

Hi, my bins have just started to show a double image don't know why, I guess I need a new pair, not exspensive as I only want them to locate bird's for photography purpose, are the RSPB 8x40 any good £109 ? Mick.

Probably out of collimation ... are they worth fixing or are they "cheapo use till you break 'em" bins?

I love the Leupold Yosemite too but Scoutman may note that the OP is in the UK and Leupolds aren't easy (or cheap) to get there. Though eBay is an option.

Sorry not tried any of the RSPB bins. But a search of the forum will show plenty of UK (try the Opticron subforum?) and world wide inexpensive bins.

Hi Mick. My other half has a pair of Opticron Discovery 8x42 which she really likes. They are a bit smaller than most 8x42s and not too heavy. They are also waterproof, have a decent FOV and good eye relief. Sherwoods have a special offer on the last of the original models at the moment, as Opticron have introduced a more expensive magnesium bodied version. The special offer ones are £95 including postage. They seem like a bit of a bargain to me.

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/opticron_binos/opticron_field.htm

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back