• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Direct Debit ISPs (1 Viewer)

Andrew

wibble wibble
Does anyone out there know of or use an ISP with Direct Debit? My current one (Breathe) are getting the bills wrong and overcharging me so I need to look elsewhere and so far have only found Freeserve at £14.99 a month. Anyoone know of any cheaper ones or lower priced off peak packages?

We are direct debit with AOL, and although it costs fifteen - sixteen pounds we can go online anytime and have had no trouble with them and I often spend over 150 hours a week, with the rest of the family using it too, and it costs no more, and they have never charged me excesses, in fact we had a free month when changover of card due to theft. Can't say anythiong else. Nina.

Was with Tesco.net for narrowband and am now with Pipex.com for broadband, paid for both via direct debit.
Tesco is £12.49/month for unlimited access, sometimes it was a bit busy, but I could always connect - it just took a few dial attempts. Allegedly some people have problems with the software AOL use?

Andrew I can't give you exact prices as the charging structures are way too complicated, but BT Openworld is worth looking into. I did sit down and work it all out a while ago and it seemed reasonably priced.

My package includes telephone line rental charging & free web access evening & weekends. You can also get a package for free web access daytime as well, but there are limits to the length of online time you're allowed, I believe.

Very rarely get connection problems, and they filter out all that spam mail. The charge is on your phone bill

Thanks for the suggestions folks, seems like the Tesco one is a nice option, I will look into the Eclipse one too.

I am afriad I will steer clear of AOL as no one I know has good things to say about them I used it at my bruvs and don't like the layout. I rather use Microsoft Internet Explorer and Outlook Express than AOL's format. Another thing is you can not get rid of AOL unless you format your computer according to many friends and Watchdog.

I just picked up a tesco CD but it was odd as they said I had to have a Clubcard so I filled in a form for one. Do you get the points for the bills you pay each month on the clubcard?

Andrew
What do you mean by you cant get rid of AOL unless you format you computer. I use AOL broadband on Windows xp and when i try to shut down AOL it just freezes and i cant get out of AOL and have to shut down my computer by the restart button.

Ragna, It is what I have been told. If you want to switch to another ISP or wipe the AOL files off your computer it is a very difficult job and needs a fornmatting of your computer.

Thought I better let you know I have taken up with Tesco.net and am waiting for the first payment to go through and the first phone bill to check it has all gone smoothly.

Thank you all for your kind help.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back