• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Indian Jungle & Wildlife Art...Rahul Parekh (1 Viewer)

Dear Friends,

Though this forum is for Bird Art I hope you'll all not mind if I post two of my recent paintings of 'Asiatic Lion' and 'Blackbuck Antelope' here :). Hope you'll enjoy these paintings :).

All best wishes

Cheers, Rahul

"The Old Master", Oil on Canvas, Size: 26" X 19"

The Old Master.jpg

"The Contender", Oil on Canvas, Size: 48" X 36"

The Contender.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rakul. Fantastic work first of all. I somehow missed your earlier posts adn just got to see the whole thread. The asiatic lion cub is my favourite to date, though the adult male here is also fantastic. Very much like the contender, must be rather impressive at full size in reality.

Thank you so much Alan, Tim & Colleen for your lovely comments and appreciations :)

@Alan: wow! I'm feeling overwhelmed by your kind and superlative words for my work. I'm still learning and need to improve my work. Encouraging & supportive words always be very helpful to keep our work up every time. Many many Thanks :). I'm so glad you loved my lion cub. My favourite too and yes, it was really great experience to work on bigger canvas...so much fun :)

@Tim: Lovely to hear from you again Tim. I'm so happy you liked my work. Thank you :)

@Colleen: wow! striking words from you. loved that you are happy with my Lion. Day after tomorrow on 24th April. Asiatic Lion Census will start here in Gir NP. Wish for the increased numbers. They are hopeful for the 400 mark this time... :)

Cheers, Rahul

the lion portrait is a fine piece of work - but the blackbuck is very special - a very clever composition, and such beautiful subjects.

Nice work Rahul, I particularly like the blackbuck too, it's got a real sense of the tension in the situation.

Mike

Thank you so much Nick & Mike for your kind words of appreciation :)

@Nick: I'm so glad you loved Blackbuck composition and also liked Lion portrait too. BB painting is really very special and memorable for me :)

@Mike: with your words, I'm really satisfied with the feel of the painting. So many beautiful comments for my works has proved I'm on right way to learn something new every time :)

Cheers, Rahul

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back