• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Have You Seen Any of These Birds? (2 Viewers)

Has anyone on BF seen Black Rail?

Easily doable (seen well) at Lake Junin in Peru with a local guide. The form there was proposed as a full species Junin Rail but SACC rejected the proposal.

Otherwise I've just heard it on the Outer Banks, North Carolina.

Ian

I have seen Black Rail as well. I'm not sure I would even consider that an uber hard bird in North America/The ABA to get, nevertheless the world.

Is Gurney's Pitta accessible anymore now the KNC population is presumed extinct?

A

Not currently accessible as foreigners are not allowed in the region - the political situation in Myanmar has been deteriorating with several areas becoming off-limits again.
I went in April 2016 and had great views, but not an easy bird to see there, and the habitat is disappearing fast.

Ah, OK. I was in Myanmar in November and was told that I needed to come back to see Gurney's Pitta, but apparently things have changed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back