• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

question about leica Ultravid HD 10x32 (1 Viewer)

gwsudiro

Indonesia
hello...greetings all... ^_^

do Leica Ultravid HD 10x32s have large amount of pincushion distortion?

for your kind help, many thanks before...

best regards

Galih

and how about CA-control? does it as good as Zeiss FL 10x32?

for your kind help, many thanks before...^^

best regards

Galih

hi Ilkka... ^_^

whew! is it?? maybe better for me to stick with Zeiss..
thanks Ilkka...^_^

any other comment anyone??

best regards

Galih

Galih:

If you are looking for an excellent 10x32 with very little pincushion, you should check
out the Nikon 10x32 LXL or Premiere. I had a 10x32 LXL and it is a quality optic, and
for birding very quick focus. They are very good from edge to edge, and they
are worthy of your consideration, and will compete with those others mentioned.

The other choice here may be the Nikon EDG 10x32, also flat field, and for your part
of the world, the new Nikon EDG may be available by summer.

Jerry

hi Jerry... ^_^

Nikon LX's great but I'm sensitive to CA too, so maybe Nikon EDG is the best option, but worry about the size..from what I've read, EDG 32 is almost as big as the big brother: EDG 42

any thoughts on EDG 32 size Jerry??

many thanks before..

Galih

Galih:

Back again, I checked out the specs as best I could, and here is the current Nikon EDG
10x32.
5.6" Long, Weight 23.6 oz.

10x42 EDG
5.9" Long Weight 28.9 oz.

Zeiss 10x32 FL
4.6" Long Weight 19.75 oz.

I have the 10x42 Nikon EDG and am happy with the size and weight as it is so nicely
balanced and just handles very nicely.

I am thinking the newly designed EDG will be somewhat similar in spec to the one posted
here. So it appears the Zeiss is lighter and smaller. So it is personal preference, some
people like a little more size and the weight for steadier handling.
With optics this good it is really up to you!

Jerry

oke, Thanks alot Jerry...^_^

<off topic from Leica>
Jerry, are those open bridge-double hinge ''old'' EDG still on market now? or are they already hard to find?

many thanks before....^_^

Galih

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back