• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

Amen to that!! Mines a Carling please!! :t:

CB

Cardhu for me now B :)

Enjoy the weekend folks and good luck for something different popping up in someones yard

If I get all my chores done tomorrow I may be able to sneak off to either Macc Forest on Sunday or as a big personal treat get to the coast at New Brighton ;)

Dave

Cardhu for me now B :)

If I get all my chores done tomorrow I may be able to sneak off to either Macc Forest on Sunday or as a big personal treat get to the coast at New Brighton ;)

Dave

Never heard of cardhu, dave. Wots it like?

If you are able to go shopping, try to take a trip to the lake. Pair of Mandarins this lunchtime. Seem to be getting regular here.

CB

enjoy the weekend watching Karpman, crack a tin open and live it up mate, the weekends are too short.

LOL To late cracked a couple:t:

I got a golf course to check out over the weekend if i get lucky, It open to the public yet and there laying turf and filling land and creating hills and bunkers and stuff..

Smells birdy to me lol:t:

karpman

LOL To late cracked a couple:t:

I got a golf course to check out over the weekend if i get lucky, It open to the public yet and there laying turf and filling land and creating hills and bunkers and stuff..

Smells birdy to me lol:t:

karpman

Golfcourses are always really good place for birds. Yes they do get people but generally birds adapt to the short disturbances as they players pass by.

CB

I've heard of Chivas Regal, although I don't drink - posh whiskey. The regular stuff isn't uber-expensive but some can be, like Johnny Walker Blue.

More superb photos from Dave and am very jealous of your friendly Coal Tits! We 'seem' to have very few in Essex, I've only ever seen one in the county. I thought it was just me but another fairly new (but already far better than me!) birdwatcher commented on the same - I'll have to ask in the Essex Birding section about them.

Morning fozzy
I make the boxes for the expensive whiskeys so sometimes feel obliged to buy them....:-O (Mmm... has become a collection, partner would say obsession)

So it looks like my Coal tits should be even more cherished o:D
I am lucky that I have a 6 evergreen trees and the tits roost in them (last year a single goldcrest too).
They had a single brood of 2 juveniles this year, of which we only have one left with the adults so I hope the other flew off and found its own home.

Its funny how my record keeping keeps me aware of whats going on at home!!

I've heard of Chivas Regal, although I don't drink - posh whiskey. The regular stuff isn't uber-expensive but some can be, like Johnny Walker Blue.

More superb photos from Dave and am very jealous of your friendly Coal Tits! We 'seem' to have very few in Essex, I've only ever seen one in the county. I thought it was just me but another fairly new (but already far better than me!) birdwatcher commented on the same - I'll have to ask in the Essex Birding section about them.

Attachments

• Coal tit j.JPG
    Coal tit j.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 42
take a trip to the lake. Pair of Mandarins this lunchtime. Seem to be getting regular here.

CB

No luck with the Mandarins this afternoon but did get to see some other good stuff: Nuthatch 2, Mistle Thrush 4 a lovely family of 6 mute Swans then the heavens opened:storm:

A few more pics: I have now got a little feeding set up by the back door which allows great views and some un-mesy backgrounds when taking pictures, but the downside is I dare not open the backdoor yet for fear of scaring them, so its a compramise in picture quality for quality views.

Heron from Poynton Pool

others from garden today, Chris the Magpie is for you mate.

Enjoy your evenings all, off to a Concert this evening so no chat from me ;)

Attachments

• Grey.jpg
    Grey.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I make the boxes for the expensive whiskeys so sometimes feel obliged to buy them....:-O (Mmm... has become a collection, partner would say obsession)

You must have a very large cellar then Dave ;)

No luck with the Mandarins this afternoon but did get to see some other good stuff: Nuthatch 2, Mistle Thrush 4 a lovely family of 6 mute Swans then the heavens opened:storm:

A few more pics: I have now got a little feeding set up by the back door which allows great views and some un-mesy backgrounds when taking pictures, but the downside is I dare not open the backdoor yet for fear of scaring them, so its a compramise in picture quality for quality views.

Heron from Poynton Pool

others from garden today, Chris the Magpie is for you mate.

Enjoy your evenings all, off to a Concert this evening so no chat from me ;)

Went down this morning no sign then of the Mandarins either but they have been seen several days this last week. Don't know quite where the extra juv Swan has come from. Originally when the family arrived it only had 3 juvs.

Love the pics Dave. Keep up the good work. Particularly pleasing the obliging juv Grey Heron.

CB

PS This is my 1,000th post since joining, so I think its time for a drink!! B :)B :)

Hey guys

Only the brave and fat birds dare enter this morning we got a good buffeting of wind, Kept me from going birding and went to garden center instead and spent a small fortune on a holy bush thing:S

Gratz Cb any excuse for a tipple for me!

karpman

Had a chance at some pics of Jay yesterday but not put them up on the computer yet tho.

Dave, at the Lake today - 3 Mandarins (35 were seen y'day afternoon!!!!) and a Goosander.

CB

Congrats on your 1000th post CB B :)

Plenty of activity in the garden this weekend. The usual Goldfinch, Dunnocks, Blue Tits, Collared Doves, House Sparrows, Robin and the odd Starling.

Today the Squirrel has been back, but there were plenty of nuts out so he left the feeders alone. The Magpie has been back a few times, he really loves the nuts. He was very put out to find the Squirrel sat on the tray earlier and hopped about underneath but wasn't quite brave enough to try tackling it!

Hi guys

Garden been pretty good today Cole tit a bit scraggy but welcome all the same and a single house sparrow are the 2 birds to note:)

Managed to get out birding with the father inlaw too had some nice snoozy snipe views got some photos and 8 green sands with a good peppering of fieldfare common buzzard.:t:

Ill sort some photos later!

karpman

Had a chance at some pics of Jay yesterday but not put them up on the computer yet tho.

Dave, at the Lake today - 3 Mandarins (35 were seen y'day afternoon!!!!) and a Goosander.

CB

:-C

They must have arrived after the heavy showers late pm

Not been around the garden today until just before dark, 4 blackbirds were kind of harrassing a Song Thrush, not enough to stop it rustling the fallen leaves :t:

Coal and Great tits still going mad for sunflower seeds

Carrion crows getting very teritorial and putting on great displays for me, but really swooping aggresivley on any corvid that dare come across the garden :-O

Glad eveybody has had some light this weekend to make the most of the garden......

now for some infrequent visitors..... Siskin anyone :eat:

A little off topic but oh well feels like home here!

From today:t:

karpman

Attachments

• Photo0054T+.jpg
    Photo0054T+.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo0057A.jpg
    Photo0057A.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back