• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Road Trip Up the California Coast - Know of any good spots? (1 Viewer)

MonteAngel

Amateur Birder
Hi All,

I am going to be taking a road trip up the California coast in February, and I'm looking forward to doing some birdwatching along the way. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good birdwatching spots in the following places:

- Yosemite National Park (Yosemite Valley mainly, but open to other suggestions)
- Chico
- Montara
- San Luis Obispo

If you know of any good spots or birds specific to these areas, please let me know. All help is appreciated. :t:

Thanks!

Some of the answers given in this thread would also be relevant to you. Especially about purchasing the ABA location guides for California - there is for example a chapter about SLO in the southern one. From the top of my head, in that area you would want to look at Morro Bay SP for example. If you continue up Hwy1, keep an eye out for Condors above your head.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back