• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coventry Trapper (newbie) (1 Viewer)

Not alot but

Not much about but mannaged to attracta feathered Thorn,and newfor me a Twenty-plume moth.

Regards Martin

Attachments

• Moths-Twenty-plume-moth.jpg
    Moths-Twenty-plume-moth.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 102
Well so far this year i have trapped 4 moths,and 3 of those were sat night (17/2)

Satelite
satelite, chestnut,LB applemoth

Heres to some milder weather

Hi guys is this just a common quaker?,the light grey head colour threw me also the dark body..?? ,cheers boys

Attachments

• Moths-unsure.jpg
    Moths-unsure.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Moths-unsure-2.jpg
    Moths-unsure-2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 66
hummerman said:
Hi guys is this just a common quaker?,the light grey head colour threw me also the dark body..?? ,cheers boys

Hi,

not 100% sure from this photo but I think it is probably Clouded Drab,

Regards,
Jamie

Looks good to me, Martin - not that I've ever seen one!
I think that most of the ID experts must be on holiday - none of my ID queries have been looked at for a few days.
Ken

really warm last night, heres most of my catch,plus a couple of pics.

Early Grey.2
Hebrew character. 3
Common Quaker.5
small Quaker. 2
Clouded drab.2
Herald.1 Nfg
Waved umber.1 Nfg
Early thorn.1 Nfg
Marbled Beauty.1 Nfg
Micros.2 unknown
Noctuid.1 unknown
D S Pug.2
LBA.3

Attachments

• Moths-Early--Thorn.jpg
    Moths-Early--Thorn.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Moths-Waved-umber.jpg
    Moths-Waved-umber.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
Hi could do with some help on id for this pug,not sure whether it is currant or brindled or either?

Attachments

• Moths--pugsp.jpg
    Moths--pugsp.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 77
hummerman said:
Hi could do with some help on id for this pug,not sure whether it is currant or brindled or either?

I caught the same species myself last night so would be interested in the outcome as well.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back