• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

changing an avatar (1 Viewer)

Okay, it's exactly what I'm seeing as your avatar now. So if you are not seeing it you need to log out and clear your cache. First try just logging out and logging back in. If that doesn't work, you need to clear your cached files.

Okay, it's exactly what I'm seeing as your avatar now. So if you are not seeing it you need to log out and clear your cache. First try just logging out and logging back in. If that doesn't work, you need to clear your cached files.

Hi again,

No joy, still the old Avatar. Tried logging in and out. Don't know what is meant by clear cached files. Apologies for giving you this problem.

Alex

Hi Alex

I'm seeing the same image on your avatar and the uploaded picture in your first post.

To clear your cache (in Windows) use CTRL + f5. I don't know how to do it in other operating systems.

Hi Delia

Tried pressing CTRL + f5. No change

Alex

Hi Alex

I'm seeing the same image on your avatar and the uploaded picture in your first post.

To clear your cache (in Windows) use CTRL + f5. I don't know how to do it in other operating systems.

Hi Alex

I've moved your post to the Computer Forum to see if they've any ideas.

Usually CTRL+f5 works for me, so I'm at a loss.

What picture are you seeing? Is it your old avatar?

Oh and I subscribed you to the thread so you can find it, and not think it was deleted LOL.

Success. Tried three times and it finally worked. I just wanted the photo to remind me that I was young and very fit at one time. I am on Sgurr a' Mhaim and its The Ben in the background.

Many thanks to you and KC

Alex

Hi Alex

Oh good.... panic over LOL

I was getting quite worried!!

Sorry to hijack your thread, but can someone tell me how to add an avatar? I can't seem to find the option under my user control panel, cheers.

Hi W32

There are a few restrictions placed on new members, which you can read more about here.

The time will soon pass, I'm sure - it seems you need a few more days and three more forum posts (Gallery posts aren't included I'm afraid).

Ah no worries, I didn't realise. And I should have figured that out having been an old sweat forum user for way too many years.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back