• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

Attached are the collated results from the 17 sites that participated in the West Mids Spring All-Day Birdwatch on Saturday 5th May, including Trittiford. A total of 130 species were recorded across the locations, compared to 138 last year when fewer sites took part. Passage was slow / non-existence across the region, probably best demonstrated by no records of Dunlin.

Attachments

• Spring 2018 All-Dayer.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 33
Nice one zomerset, Phil and I have spent most of the day around Trittiford and didn't even hear a kingfisher let alone see one.:-C

Hi Throstle, I was up very early that day and determined to find a Kingfisher for the all dayer. It was a real surprise it was the first bird I saw lol. It was 5.23. I saw it again today just down from Trittiford.

A Kingfisher along the River Cole this morning, just up from Trittiford. I heard it calling as it flew towards me and then saw it fly past and it gave a few two tone calls. A Kingfisher was reported on Trittiford last weekend on BTO.

I'd been waiting and finally a pair of Kingfisher along the River Cole just down from Trittiford early this morning. The calls were music to my ears lol. Great!

I was waiting and sure enough a Kingfisher appeared a few times along the River Cole down from Trittiford early this morning. I then heard it give a few calls and left it to it. Great!

I stopped for a quick look and the Kingfisher was on the River Cole, just down from Trittiford.
I could just see a few KF size fish and they used the ploy of hiding in the shadows.

The Kingfisher gave a call at Trittiford and then flew over my shoulder to follow the River Cole. I saw several KF size fish in the River. Great!

Both yesterday and today the Kingfisher was present along the River Cole near Trittiford.
Large number of KF size fish by areas of the river with vegetation rather than the sections with stones.
From the River Rea I learnt the sound of Nuthatch feeding and could hear the same in the trees by the Cole.
This morning a couple Blackcaps were warbling away and Song Thrush singing loudly.

Little Egrets now use Bamptons Pool, Yardley throughout the year, peaking at over 20 in the winter.

Des.

Attachments

• L Egret- Bamptons pool.jpg
    L Egret- Bamptons pool.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 21
A Kingfisher in the usual spot on the River Cole & then another one or the same one at Scribers Lane. The water level is dropping & the water is clear. Nice to see the Heron size fish.

Last edited:
The Kingfisher again on the River Cole.
A Greenfinch and Nuthatch appear to feed together, they were calling at the same time and in the same trees.

Very early along the River Cole the Kingfisher was already flying up and down calling. It was then fishing just further down & calling. I forgot the other day it did some hovering combined with flying for about 10m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back