• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Was Putin using Noctivids? (1 Viewer)

I didn't find a clearly identifiable image of binoculars in a 67th birthday search, but searching for "putin binoculars images", I did find images of him holding many different brands and models.

I don't know about Putin, but Villanelle was using some Leica Silverlines on Killing Eve...

-B.

Attachments

• villanelle.jpg
    villanelle.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 253
I don't know about Putin, but Villanelle was using some Leica Silverlines on Killing Eve...

-B.

Thanks for posting the pic. I reported this on Ruffled Feathers weeks ago but nobody else had noticed. I mean, honestly, what are folks looking at? The actors? Purrrrleeeese!

Lee

One the only photo of Putin on his 67th birthday photo shoot in the mountains, he was wearing a quilted jacket and using a pair of binos with the strap hanging down, not around his neck, and it definitely wasn't a Leica strap.

Lee

I've found two sets of pictures with Putin and binoculars.
The first picture is from the photo shoot celebrating his 67th birthday. The front hinge and the logo on the side look very much like a Noctivid (see picture for reference).

And then there's a set of pictures from last year, where he is clearly spotting a Geovid, with its characteristic shape and features.

(Yes, I love this sort of bino-riddle ;))

Attachments

• Putin_Binos_01.jpg
    Putin_Binos_01.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Putin_Binos_01c.jpg
    Putin_Binos_01c.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 304
  • Putin_Binos_02.jpg
    Putin_Binos_02.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 312
  • Putin_Binos_03.jpg
    Putin_Binos_03.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
I've found two sets of pictures with Putin and binoculars.
The first picture is from the photo shoot celebrating his 67th birthday. The front hinge and the logo on the side look very much like a Noctivid (see picture for reference).

And then there's a set of pictures from last year, where he is clearly spotting a Geovid, with its characteristic shape and features.

(Yes, I love this sort of bino-riddle ;))

You look to be dead right about the binos! Thanks for posting the pics.

Lee

I have seen earlier Putin photos where he is using Russian binoculars.

The Leicas coming from abroad, were probably held up by local customs regulations until a fee was paid. :)

B.

Thanks for posting the pic. I reported this on Ruffled Feathers weeks ago but nobody else had noticed. I mean, honestly, what are folks looking at? The actors? Purrrrleeeese!

Lee

My wife and I have been binging on the series recently. As soon as I saw that shot, I was like a dog that spotted a squirrel... Leica!

Films are so much more fascinating when there are binoculars in the shot.... ;-)

-B.

Last edited:
One handed binocular use.... steady handed! (I can use my canon stabilised binoculars like that, but I’m too shaky with normal binoculars!)
With Kim and now Putins taste in bins, wonder what other dictators like??

PEter

Maybe I should start an 'Interviews with Dictators' sub-forum.

Perhaps all the world's dictators are members already..........:eek!:

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back