• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Ethiopia: 25 April - 10 May 2009 (1 Viewer)

Trevor Hardaker

I was recently fortunate to spend 15 days birding in Ethiopia and have now put together a trip report with lots of photos on my site.

If anyone is interested in seeing the report and photos, please visit www.hardaker.co.za and click on the "my trips" link in the left margin which will take you through to the trip reports page.

Hope you don't find it too boring...

Kind regards
Trevor

I see you were on the trip that found Nechisar Nightjar but you seem not to have covered it in the report other than listed it as seen. I presume you're sworn to secrecy until Iain Sinclair publishes this!

Hi Steve,

No, unfortunately, I was not on that part of the trip. It was a pre-extension trip and, at the time, I could just not afford taking the additional time off! (can kick myself for that now!!). It is also not in the list of birds recorded, only Star-spotted Nightjar is.

However, I am pretty sure that if I was on that part of the trip and had seen the bird in question, I probably would have been sworn to secrecy....:)

Kind regards
Trevor

A fascinating report Trevor, but I fear that my wife will not be persuaded to visit Ethiopia, she loved Kenya last year, but Ethiopia looks like a bridge too far!

Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back