• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2007 Review (1 Viewer)

Nightranger

Senior Moment
This is just a chance to add your own ideas of what bird-related or conservation events stood out for 2007 (without the need to actually debate them, as this has already been done.

For me, it is a close-run thing between the infamy of Dersingham Bog but from a more personal perspective having taken the initial call, the swan slaughter at Radwell Lake.

Other candidates would be albatrosses (not necessarily a solely 2007 issue) or the appalling atrocities reported from Malta late in the year. The latter was a big issue on the Internet but almost completely missed by the press (I blame Gordon Brown simply because the various cock-ups swept so much else off the pages).

Over to you...perhaps you can think of something a bit more light-hearted or positive...

Happy New Year

Ian

hmm. to much to say here actually. i first registered on this site :D i've seen much new birds, i've seen birds i had seen before. I think the best was the amout of Kingfishers in The Netherlands :D its growing, and thats great! i think i've spotted 24 or 25 this year all together, it was a great year

The emergence of climate change on to the political agenda. Bali conference and the fact that tropical deforestation accounts for 20% of all CO2 emmisions annually, same as China or US. 20%!!!!!!!!!!!

The way my birding and other wildlife watching heightens normal people's (e.g. work colleagues and friends) awareness of wildlife and their enjoyment and involvement with it. I've got all of my work people bringing me stamps for the Save the Albatorss campaign - and that was after I countered a mailshot in respect of some human charity or other with my own for the albatross - we won folks!

John

The incredibly wet May was a big deal in the tit world. Many broods failed, and many others lost at least some young. It made checking nestboxes a rather depressing daily exercise. Numbers of first-winters have been noticeably down this winter. Still, swings and roundabouts, they've had a good few years beforehand, and it was far from apocalyptic.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back