• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

200x25 binoculars. (3 Viewers)

Binastro

200x25 binoculars.

5000 degree field.

Yours for only £19.93.

When will these adverts stop?
Never, it seems.

Regards,
B.

The binos ads i have seen have 5000m at 50000m. So 100m at 1000m which is ~5,7°. With mag of 200 we come to 1142°, three complete turnarounds. The first bino which has triple image instead of double image when not exacly collimated. ;-)

In the same ad it says a full 30x magnification and a 60 millimeter objective diameter.

Will a lawyer in international law please tell us if and what laws are being broken.
Either with the actual markings on the binoculars or with their ads.

There are many different ads for these 200x25 binoculars starting at £15.

Regards,
B

The binos ads i have seen have 5000m at 50000m. So 100m at 1000m which is ~5,7°. With mag of 200 we come to 1142°, three complete turnarounds. The first bino which has triple image instead of double image when not exacly collimated. ;-)
😂🤣😂🤣

There are numerous sites, perhaps ten or more including the Amazon one above, selling these 200x25 binoculars.

If this isn't fraud, what is?

Perhaps it is 'Obtaining money by deception'.

How is an average buyer going to know that it is dishonest?

It is clear that the manufacturer, probably in China, and all the sellers know that they are dishonest.
They just don't care.

B.

HD.. hugely disappointing?? If they have that magnification the view will be like looking into a coal mine. I’m guessing they’re probably 6-8x which would be more reasonable. I’m not going to find out as there is no space in the bino cupboard.

Peter

It all sounds good to me, tempted to order a pair, it's just the 0.125mm exit pupil that's putting me off. I mean I like a large exit pupil in general, I'm just not sure if I could get on with one less than 2% of the size of the one I'm used to.

Will

It is clear that the manufacturer, probably in China, and all the sellers know that they are dishonest.
Actually we can wonder what's going on, and how much weirder life in China is than here. Labels like "200x25" may be not so much lies as just nonsense, like "brand" names HCHL, USCAMEL. The sellers are just putting labels on generic products, and may not really know what they're doing. Comparison of specs at this level is silly anyway; these things might actually be marginally useful, even worth $20 if that's all you have to spend. Now if you stuck a red dot on them and charged $2000, that would be fraud. Objecting to falsehood or inaccuracy today surely reduces life expectancy unless managed judiciously.

In my experience with Chinese businessmen, they know exactly what they are doing.

Some are totally honest, but some are the opposite.

It doesn't really cause me any harm, but scammers, which includes all the big names sometimes I need to call out.

Unfortunately, many of these lies started a lot earlier in the U.S. with snake oil sellers, and no doubt in the U.K. also.

I was stupid enough when in the U.S. to ask for the advertised free dance lessons. It was a typical scam of 1959 vintage.

However, some of the deals were really free, and lacking money I was able to enjoy a lot of free goodies.

Regards,
B.

It all sounds good to me, tempted to order a pair, it's just the 0.125mm exit pupil that's putting me off. I mean I like a large exit pupil in general, I'm just not sure if I could get on with one less than 2% of the size of the one I'm used to.

Will
Maybe it can be used for direct sun observations. 😉

Pinhole observations of the Sun are very dangerous.

The Sun's radiation has to be reduced 100,000 times across the spectrum from infra red to ultraviolet.

B.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back