• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alan's Gallery List (1 Viewer)

AlanR

Bird photographer
United Kingdom
I just felt like seeing which birds I have photographed most in the Gallery. So I have done a quick check through the 1623 pictures so far loaded into my Gallery. I was quite surprised by the Top Ten or, to be precise, Top Eleven:

(1) Black-headed Gull [79]
(2) Herring Gull [63]
(3) Moorhen [48]
(4=) Mute Swan [47]
(4=) Mallard [47]
(6) Pigeon/ Rock Dove [45]
(7) Great Crested Grebe [38]
(8) Jackdaw [39]
(9) Chaffinch [35]
(10=) Blackbird [32]
(10=) Pintail [32]
(10=) Rook [32]

Next came Robin [30] and Wood Pigeon [29], both of which I expected to come higher, closely followed by Crow, Greylag, Tufted Duck, Coot, Bewick’s Swan, Starling, Canada Goose, Muscovy Duck and Cormorant.

It is no surprise that the other birds to feature 10 or more times are mostly waterfowl (Whooper Swan, Egyptian Goose, Shelduck, Pochard, Gadwall, Shoveler; Teal, Goldeneye and Mandarin); waders (Water Rail, Grey Heron, Little Egret, Lapwing, Oystercatcher, Black-tailed Godwit) and passerines (Jay, Pied Wagtail, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Coal Tit and Nuthatch). The only others are Lesser Black-backed Gull, Kestrel and Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I have excluded 183 shots of exotic birds from my 2007 World Cruise; 38 of other birds only seen outside the UK and 33 non-bird shots.
Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back