• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WelshWarbler said:
What search do you use to find pictures of Birds 80x80 to use as a avatar.
Ive been using Google and there all too big
You can always resize the image in a image software program. See attached.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 160
I don't want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm in getting a nice avatar, but you need to remember that most photos on the web belong to someone and using them without permission, even for something as minor as an 80x80 avatar, does contravene copyright. Very few will refuse you permission to use their photos as an avatar, but you really should ask permission first.

Many of the photographers who take the bird photos you find on the web are likely to be members at birdforum.net, so they could well happen across their photo if used as an avatar and be a little miffed, this has happened in the past... so just be aware.
You're welcome to use any of my images at my website

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back