• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird in central Minnesota, help me id. (2 Viewers)

robin147

United States
I got this picture on my trail camera this summer and I have been unable to identify it. It has white tips on the tail and wings. The beak seems slender and slightly down curved. Any ideas.

Attachments

• 1701624297049.jpeg
    1701624297049.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 70
It's a Blue Jay. White-winged Doves don't occur in Minnesota.

I agree that it is a Bluejay, but it is not true that White-winged Doves don't occur in Minnesota. They are not common, but there have been dozens there in the past. You can see an eBird checklist from this year at this link.

I agree that it is a Bluejay, but it is not true that White-winged Doves don't occur in Minnesota. They are not common, but there have been dozens there in the past. You can see an eBird checklist from this year at this link.
They don't occur with any regularity, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back