• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Goa, India (2 Viewers)

Bit of advice, please...in March next my wife and myself are doing the 'round Rajasthan' tour bit taking in Delhi, Ranthambore (safari), Bharatpur (day at Keoladeo), Jaipur, Agra, Jodphur, Udaipur....we finish up with a couple of full days in Goa (Candolim)-18/19 March. As my wife (not a birder) wants to chill, I might be able to sneak off for a day/day and a half for birding....given the short duration available, would anyone be able to recommend which of the many sites I should aim for (say 2 or 3) to give a flavour of Goan birding? (yep, appreciate I'm probably not doing it justice, given the info above...but having done 3 weeks in the country hopefully will already have a good range of species by the time we hit Goa).
Many thanks............also posted on the 'Info wanted-Goa update' forum

Wondered how your tour of Rajasthan went? My wife and I will be honeymooning there in January. We intend to take the train from Delhi to Udaipur. Spend a few nights there then on to Ranthambore for an equal amount of time then a couple of days at Agra before returning to Delhi.

Did you travel independently (we will be, hopefully with a bit of help from SD Enterprises)?

Any input will be much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back