• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding In Staffordshire (8 Viewers)

Hawfinch reported at Coombes!! Seeing how I can't get there until Saturday, I'm going to tell myself that it must be made up ;) In all honesty, it's a very good record though, I'm just jealous it isn't my record!

Sadly, my time at Coombes has come to an end (again/for now) and I'm off to pastures new as my conservation career plods onwards. Coombes really is an amazing site and I can't promote the place enough. Please go visit and see the changes the team have made in recent times, as well as the usual summer woodland migrants.

Adam

Gulls at Berryhill
Larger build up of Gulls than usual in the paddocks between the Viewpoint and the scape paddocks.
C1450 Black-headed Gulls today along with c400 LBB Gulls. Also c220 LBB Gulls on the roofs of the Eastwood
Industrial buildings where probable breeding has taken place. 8 Herring Gulls and 2 Common Gulls also present.

Some good news. You might remember a petition to stop the Council 'selling off' countryside sites across the county. Well, the debate finally happened and the 12,000 strong petition against the idea formed part of that debate. The outcome was that the sites won't be sold off! With of a vote of 60 to 0. News on the debate can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p038m52d#play at 13:45 in.

Here's hoping the amount of public outcry continues to make sure that the idea is not revisited in the future and that open public greenspace remains just that, open and public.

Adam

Really felt like Spring around Westport Lake on Saturday afternoon, although the Little Gull was not around had a great walk with my daughter plenty of Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler around plus I noted 5 Blackcaps (four male and 1 female) mainly in the conservation area. Also within the conservation area there was a small group of Siskins feeding in the Alders along the brook.

Tim.

Pied Flycatchers back at Coombes Valley yesterday (13th). Well one male anyway. Also saw Redstart plus a pair of Wheatear in the field adjacent to the Treetop viewpoint.

What I wasn't expecting to see at the reserve was a bloke walking around totally starkers. Well ok, he was wearing a hat.

cheers,
Paul.

Pied Flycatchers back at Coombes Valley yesterday (13th). Well one male anyway. Also saw Redstart plus a pair of Wheatear in the field adjacent to the Treetop viewpoint.

What I wasn't expecting to see at the reserve was a bloke walking around totally starkers. Well ok, he was wearing a hat.

cheers,
Paul.

Where was he wearing it?

Red Kite

Red Kite over hen cloud at 1.30pm

Attachments

• DSC_4015.jpg
    DSC_4015.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_4017.jpg
    DSC_4017.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back