• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Box Label Date? - ATX (1 Viewer)

Joe94

United Kingdom
Good evening all,

Hoping for some reassurance. A couple of days ago I became the very happy owner of the Swarovski ATX with 85mm Objective. However I have a query regarding production & label dates.

Both parts of the scope were bought brand new from an authorised dealer, however I have just noticed that the label on both boxes show ‘09/15’…. Now does this mean the scopes were manufactured in 2015? I find it hard to believe they have been sat there. From looking at other posts on this site about production dates, if I use the maths of adding ten to the serial they show as production of 2021… so yeah which is correct and what is the date shown on the label?

Thank you :)

I thought with Swarovski you added 1930 to the first two digits of the serial to get manufacture year. Or is that just the binoculars?

Regardless, the serial number is king. It could be a stock code if handwritten.

I thought with Swarovski you added 1930 to the first two digits of the serial to get manufacture year. Or is that just the binoculars?

Regardless, the serial number is king. It could be a stock code if handwritten.
Hello, thank you for this. So I actually managed to get hold of Swarovski Optiks today and they have confirmed that any product produced from 2020, you need to add 10 two the first two numbers of the serial number.

As for the date on the packaging label & instructions, that’s the date they had info update. So essentially your right in regards to the production date of the actual optiks, then it’s the serial number :)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back