• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera app? (5 Viewers)

bobbybird

United Kingdom
Apologies if wrong forum.

I have a camera in my new birdbox and would like to know the best/easiest phone app to use with it, please?

Hi again Bobby - you may not have found this forum yet, but I've moved your post there, as more likely to find the people with the right expertise for you.

Hi again Bobby

There's actually a couple more of our subforums which we could try if no-one can help in this one. Let me know and I'll move it to one of them.

If you select the main Forums page (our Home page): BirdForum and scroll down you'll have direct access to all the forums. Some of them have subforums too, like in the Telescopes, there's separate ones for all of the more common manufacturers. Please don't worry if you can't find what you're looking for - there's always someone around to help, so don't be afraid to ask.

Reading your post, I was thinking you wanted to be able to view what the camera was seeing in the box, in real time? Please let me know if I have that wrong.

OK, thank you again Delia, I will have a browse through them.
Yes, correct I would like a Wi-fi app that shows in real-time ;)

just one other thing.........how do I change my avatar, please?

Last edited:
It will all depend on how the camera is connecting. Do you know what make the camera is?

just one other thing.........how do I change my avatar, please?
Your last post has taken you out of the "New Member" category, due to which, one of the things you couldn't do was to change your avatar.

If you click on your name in the grey bar, beside the envelope, you should simply be able to click on the current large circular B. Then you will get the instructions as to what to do. Don't forget to scroll down to Save afterwards.

It can sometimes be about an hour for all the different parts of the system to catch up before you can make the change, but come back later on if you're still unable to do it.

Sorry late getting back Delia.
I've bought a new box now. It's bigger and has a slide-away plastic-covered hole on the right side, plus it'll be easier to clean after nesting (I hope).
The original box I bought with a camera attached seems a bit flimsy also.
so I will convert the camera into the new box, and let you know how it goes later (hopefully :) )

Sorry late getting back Delia.
I've bought a new box now. It's bigger and has a slide-away plastic-covered hole on the right side, plus it'll be easier to clean after nesting (I hope).
The original box I bought with a camera attached seems a bit flimsy also.
so I will convert the camera into the new box, and let you know how it goes later (hopefully :) )
This is the camera that came with the original box. Can you or anyone recommend an app for it, please?

Attachments

• No 1.JPG
    No 1.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • No 2.JPG
    No 2.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • No 4.JPG
    No 4.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
Zopkins recommend CamHipro but it has terrible reviews.

Any IP camera app should work. I would try some of the free ones and see you what you think. Can't comment on particular ones but this one is well reviewed and free.

Gulp!!! trust me to get a duffer one.
But thank you for the recommendations Mono. :)
Have you got a manual or link to a tutorial for the Easy Viewer Pro, please?

Last edited:
Apparently Easy Viewer Pro is a yearly subscription, not a freebie.:oops:
I guess I'm stuck with thew Camhippo app.
have got an a4 paper with instructions on how to set it up, but not being very Techie, I cant get my head around it :unsure:
have looked on Youtube, but nothing for that app, all the others, yes lol

Last edited:
Gulp!!! trust me to get a duffer one.
But thank you for the recommendations Mono. :)
Have you got a manual or link to a tutorial for the Easy Viewer Pro, please?
Erm, I have now set the Tapo app up and it works, hurrah!!!
I just have to adjust the camera in the box as points too much to the rear of the box.
I'll perceiver with it and hope it doesn't fail in any way
Just gotta wait for some nesting bluetits. Or have I left it too late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back