• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Comparison pics cl 8x25 side by side with ultravid 10x25 (1 Viewer)

willisoften

United Kingdom
I have the ultravids in 10x25. I was hugely impressed with the Swaros 8x 25 but I won’t have the opportunity to try them side by side. Before anyone tells me about the zeiss victory I’ve had them, lost them to my younger sister and don’t miss them. This is purely a size comparison. I’m sure there’s a photo on the forums somewhere but I can’t find it.

Is it worth contacting a few optics retailers ?
if they have both in stock they might be prepared to help , given that it might help make a sale.
I think Cody Spy and Focalpoint sell binoculars from both manufacturers - I suspect more do too. I bit of "leg work" on t'internet required though

Check out this link:
Lots of photos and a nice write up too.

Also, I have the CLs and my girlfriend has the Ultravids both in 25mm. The Leicas are definitely smaller. They are about the same length, width, and height according to the linear dimensions, but the Swaros are significantly heavier and bulkier. When the Swaros are folded up, they become a dense little brick that weighs down my pocket. When the Leicas are folded up they are a lightweight little package that are stored and removed from a pocket with ease.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back