• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski NL Pure 8x32 vs CL Companion 8x30 (3 Viewers)

Perfect, thank you! More of a difference than I expected too. Now I have to ask, what do you think about the CL image quality compared to the NL?
That would be for your eyes to determine, additionally the NL at 2 grand more, your wallet or wife or both may decide that.

But …. how can HIS eyes decide what I think about the CL image quality?
Right, I'm interested in your own opinion since you have them. I can always form my own if I ever get to try both. Also, I'm now curious as to the size difference of the 8x42, 8x32, and 8x30 in case you happen to have all 3 handy. :)

Having owned CL Companion 10x30 and now have the NL 10x32. The optics on the CL were nice, even less glare than with the NL's. I much prefer the ergonomics on the NL's. Larger eyecups, better placed focuser and a bit bigger/heavier. The NL's do have a larger FOV and are a bit brighter (not to be seen in bright daylight imo). Center sharpness is about the same.

Last edited:
Right, I'm interested in your own opinion since you have them. I can always form my own if I ever get to try both. Also, I'm now curious as to the size difference of the 8x42, 8x32, and 8x30 in case you happen to have all 3 handy. :)

My take on the CL: a very decent little bino,

Of course, the NL is in another class in many respects, also pricewise !

Attachments

• IMG_4421.png
    IMG_4421.png
    11 MB · Views: 78
The CL B 8X30 is a good binocular but I've never really warmed up to it. I really like the previous model CL a little better with its smoother focus adjustment and smaller stature and it really doesn't suffer much optically if at all.

That NL 8X32 is really a pretty big binocular!

3A51817B-46D0-4134-9694-B839EC91E0CD_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
The CL B 8X30 is a good binocular but I've never really warmed up to it. I really like the previous model CL a little better with its smoother focus adjustment and smaller stature and it really doesn't suffer much optically if at all.

Then NL 8X32 is really a pretty big binocular!

3A51817B-46D0-4134-9694-B839EC91E0CD_1_201_a.jpeg
Okay , you win . :eek:o_O:love::cool:(y)

Does the gen matter? Sometimes I see gen2 or field pro and not sure what enhancements it's referencing.
I think I read something about the first gen did not have Swarovision (SV), and then they added it. The field pro should be the same as the SV version, but with the newer style of (annoying) lugs. There may be more to it, but that's the simple version afaik. Someone here probably knows the dates and serial numbers that go along with the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back