• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Contax SL300R/Leica APO Televid 77 adapter (1 Viewer)

Graham

Hello camera experts.
I have a Leica APO Televid 77 scope with a 20-60 zoom. I was fortunate enough to win a Contax SL300R camera with a 28mm lens attachment (Thank you bird watching magazine). I have searched these forums for these combinations but don't seem to have found a thread were the problem is discuss.
I have tried taking photos by holding the camera next to the scope lens and achieved satisfactory results, but it can be quite fiddley.
Could anyone offer a suggestion for a compatible adapter?

Last edited:
Hi Graham,
I have the same scope and the 4500 camera which has a 28mm thread also.
I simply bought a EagleEye digimount adapter L1 from Warehouse Express and that fitted over the zoom lens. Hope this helps.

Chris.

Hi Graham

I use the Kyocera with my Leica, any of the Nikon Coolpix type adaptors will fit this camera. The one that I use comes from www.srbfilm.co.uk and costs £35. Incidentally you might need an external battery pack as the contax battery has a very poor life. I can supply one for just £5 - PM me for details.

Mark

Graham said:
Hello camera experts.
I have a Leica APO Televid 77 scope with a 20-60 zoom. I was fortunate enough to win a Contax SL300R camera with a 28mm lens attachment (Thank you bird watching magazine). I have searched these forums for these combinations but don't seem to have found a thread were the problem is discuss.
I have tried taking photos by holding the camera next to the scope lens and achieved satisfactory results, but it can be quite fiddley.
Could anyone offer a suggestion for a compatible adapter?

Thanks, gw4aurora and M N Reeder for the replies.
I have looked into the information you both gave me.
I contacted Warehouse Express regarding the EagleEye digimount adapter L1 unfortunately the adapter has to be pushed all the way onto the lens so it is not possible to zoom once the camera is in place.
I have looked at the www.srbfilm.co.uk web site and it looks like very hard work to find the product i require. I think it best to email them directly.
I have searched the forum again and found Pennine-online Contax-Zeiss Mount, i will also contact them to see if it is also compatible with Leica zoom.
I will soon be contacting you M N Reeder concerning the external battery pack.
Thanks again for you help.

Hi Graham

It is the digiscoping sleeve that SRB make, this is very similar to the eagle eye or London Camera Exchange adaptors - though in my opinion better ( I used to have a LCE one) and by far the cheapest option.

Regards

Mark

Graham said:
Thanks, gw4aurora and M N Reeder for the replies.
I have looked into the information you both gave me.
I contacted Warehouse Express regarding the EagleEye digimount adapter L1 unfortunately the adapter has to be pushed all the way onto the lens so it is not possible to zoom once the camera is in place.
I have looked at the www.srbfilm.co.uk web site and it looks like very hard work to find the product i require. I think it best to email them directly.
I have searched the forum again and found Pennine-online Contax-Zeiss Mount, i will also contact them to see if it is also compatible with Leica zoom.
I will soon be contacting you M N Reeder concerning the external battery pack.
Thanks again for you help.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back