Enlarge under glass at 100 x, then ship to end in a hole under par (without that is)
To enlarge is to magnify/magnifies
Is sent by ship, a type of which could be a frigate
And one under par is a birdie
Take away the i’s and squadge them together and that’s what I got :t:
Lol, not quite the right path but very very nearly!
Enlarge under glass = magnifi
x 100 = by ‘cent’ (so ‘magnifi’ by ‘cent’)
Then ship (= frigate) to end of Magnificent (so Magnificent Frigate)
In a hole under par = birdie = ‘birdie’ without ‘that is’ = birdie minus the ‘ie’ !!
Well done full marks because it got you there anyway B
1. Eleanora’s Falcon
It is the only bird I can think of with edible (suitable for consumption) in its name. Also I think its nest is used for bird's nest soup - cook putting it in stews.
1. Suitable for consumption - cook left in stews (Oriental) SOLVED by Kits
2. Sounds like Noel Coward’s Spirit meets Dickensian lad with Stephen King book. (P/N) SOLVED by Delia
3. Republican-sided with Democrat on late turnout (Oriental/P)
4. Religious recluse transfigures hurts with hard head (N) SOLVED by Kits
5. Night bird prevented from entering establishment? (N) SOLVED by Welsh Peregrine
6. Hear honey maker on aimlessly walking (WP) SOLVED by Goyter
5. Barred Owl
Goyter said:6 must be a Brambling