• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Deciding between 8x32's (1 Viewer)

airbears

United States
Hey all, hope y'all are having a great weekend!

I am in the market for a pair of lightweight and everyday bins. My budget is around $500 and the Traveller and Verano seem to be pretty good options. Has anyone had experience with either/ both of them and would like to share?

Yes, they are both excellent and neither will disappoint. I sold my Traveller for the 8x32 Verano, and was so impressed I bought the 8x42 and 10x42 Veranos. Unusually for me, having long preferred 8x32 binoculars for the best part of 30 years, I prefer the full size 8 and 10x42 Veranos, with the 10x42 being my favourite go-to binoculars. The view through all of them is impeccable, their ability to resolve fine detail never fails to impress a smile upon the face of all who use them. Their ergonomics provide the best feel-in-hand of any binoculars I have ever used, and all these attributes are the reassuring hallmarks of Japanese engineering. I’d consider them a bargain at full price, they’re an absolute steal in the sale.

(...) the Traveller and Verano seem to be pretty good options. Has anyone had experience with either/ both of them and would like to share?
Hi! You may have already decided after some weeks, but If not, there is a review by Steve C comparing the two in this exact size of 8x32. Apart from physical differences, what caught my attention were some differences like "slightly greener green" (Verano) "slightly less saturated color display" (Traveller), "tends to wash out colors a little in bright light" (Traveller), "catch dust and gets a little more gray with use" (Verano) and "better at glare control" (Verano). In the end, the way It was written seems to indicate that they are subtle differences and one just need to try to understand which of these impacts to a greater or lesser extent to decide.

Since Steve wrote that review we changed the rubber armor material on the Verano because as he pointed out the original marked up too easily.
The first thing that hit me when I unboxed a pair of 8x32 Verano was the feel and quality of the armour. Certainly amongst the nicest and grippiest I've come across. If only your Austrian competitors were as positively reactive to the fact that their armour marks up (and degrades) so easily, it would save them a fortune in armour replacement costs and postage. Kudos to Opticron!

I compared a pair of Traveler and Verano's a year+ back and decided on the Verano. I feel a better bin for hardly any difference in $. And, up this point, I haven't noticed much 'marking up' of the armor so am happy with it all around. Nice 'service' and reaction to customers I would say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back