• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Declining Song birds..Farming practises (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE=Tim Allwood Dear Antoninus Maximus or is that Biggus Gittus
check your own spelling

differemce = difference
necessay = necessary
prostitite = prostitute

Never mind, I bet you were ver' ver' drunk!

Now don't say I'm never consructive

Don't know what old Sigmund would make of bring male prostitutes into it.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm obliged to my learned friend for pointing out my mistakes. I can only apologise for my spelling lapses and try to do better in future.

Can I offer the following two pieces of evidence in mitigation?

1. I'm afraid that I DON'T have a PhD in Biological Sciences, and

2. I DO have cataracts in both eyes, which make writing something of a chore.

Must go - I've got a sitting of eggs to attend to as I can't trust my wife to turn them.

T.T.F.N.

scampo said:
Oh I don't think you would. And why the snide tone to your statement? I don't know, first Andy, now you... presuming you know what I do, and what others do. Naughty. You should try to find better rhetoric for your argument.

But, hold on a minute, you do say "we armchair critics" - are you including yourself in that group? Hmm.

Now, come on! There's never been a debate without tempers being frayed and "armchair critics" airing off. After all, we're not automatons. Interestingly, "suricate", of those who have written in, one very interesting aspect is to look at who hide behind a persona and who are more open.

Food for thought.
Please read post 141
I hide behind nothing Scampo if you wish to ask a question please feel free, or by now should I being expecting and getting use to senseless crass remarks.
Suricate

Suricate said:
Please read post 141
I hide behind nothing Scampo if you wish to ask a question please feel free, or by now should I being expecting and getting use to senseless crass remarks.
Suricate

OOOOOOOOO!
Get you dear!

I have a bagful of senseless crass remarks just waiting for the off.....

the thread is dead...it's all over....everyone knows the score...leave it.....let it go.....go and feed the pigeons of summat

btw I am editing an article on Ducula pickeringii for the OBC between reading this crap - look us up and see what we do for birds. And I'm in a chair too, granted not an armchair, but you get the idea

What is the Matter with some of You? Every thread recently is getting Hi jacked and turned into a childish tit for tat slanging match? I dont have the time to visit as often as I did, But it seems to me that there is a particular group of you who are abusing the forums, members and each other.

Please knock it on the head, because Im getting royally pissed off with opening mails of complaint about some of you. This is a polite reminder and the only one, Some of you will not be able to log in next time, so be warned.

Sadly a pernicious new affliction has infiltrated this thread. But what is this dreadful malaise that grips us so? - A condition characterised by dull throbbing headache, irritability, rising blood pressure, facial flushing and fever. Having followed this thread from it's inception I now feel the effects of this condition myself and as I mop my feverish brow whilst typing this post with sweating palms I write to offer this warning so that you might yet be saved.
This terrible new condition has not as yet been fully defined by the W.H.O but as research continues patterns are emerging. All individuals who truly care for our wildbirds & their enviroment are at great risk.

Forget avian Flu, Psittacosis or Bird-fancier's lung it is PIGEON-FANCIER'S TONGUE you must fear the most! :eek!:

I did want to contribute a point to this thread which I think deserves some sensible debate (if that's possible in the current climate), but in view of Steve's warning I've transferred it onto the Pigeon thread in Ruffled Feathers where it really belongs.

If Steve considers that it's out of order even there, I'm happy for it to be removed.

Look vaild points, sensible debate even a sensible argument are encouraged, but some of the recent nonsence is quite frankly ridiculous. The Three or four main players know who they are and they are welcome to bang on In private via Pm or mail, but there is no way the rest of the members should have to put up with it, and as I said if its not sorted out, we will reluctently do it for you.

I certainly agree with that, Steve. However, I fear the point I am curious about will inevitably cause some (hopefully controlled) disagreement, so I am sure Ruffled Feathers is the place for it. Plus it is about pigeons, not farming practices.

'Spitting games' have been going on in this and the Sparrowhawk thread.......I for 1 have read some of the debate with great interest, but YOU must ALL now be sick and tired of the repetitions......I AM.
If THIS is my last post....then hey!...NICE CHATTING WITH YOU ALL.

Dave.

I hope this is not going to be the future of what up to recently have been valuable and stimulating discussions on birdforum. The constant bickering and I'm not playing if I can't get my own way theme that has continued on the Sparrowhawk thread and now on this thread by certain individuals is unbelieveable. Everyone has an opinion which requires listening to, if you don't agree with a particular item then put forward your reasons and a possible alternative reasoning. Don't just slag off the poster, pulling to pieces his/her spelling mistakes etc, we all make mistakes from time to time. Read a thread for the context it was delivered in, make your replies and observations in the same vein. We're all here to learn, anyone who can't be taght something new is either a moron or a fool, you choose.

nirofo.

I dont like how each thread involved goes straight off course into Pigeons vs Sparrowhawks and then into insults and arrogant remarks.

If anyone would like to join a new thread that is truely dedicated to discussing farms and their affect on wildlife you can join us in a new thread called Family Farms vs. Corporate Farms. Any farm/songbird impact discussion is welcome, but please stay on topic and keep things interesting not insulting.

Thanks
Kris

I think everyone ought to calm down,and have a B :) .This is a friendly Forum,and some people are perhaps not quite as quick witted as the next.
So,why nit pick,just have a happy discussion.

"The talking bird spoke with a human voice, and could bid all other birds join in concert..."

Quite a concert here tonight, Christine! Lovely quotation.

Christine and Steve,

Seconded.........

Dave.

Maybe that should be....Thirded!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back