• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early migrants (1 Viewer)

Lots of Sand Martins, Swallows and Wheatears and stuff being reported. Still haven't seen anything myself yet though, but I think we can say that Spring is officially open!

had a nice bunch of spring migrants so far this week. Hoopoe, Garganey, Sand Martin, Swallow, Chiffchaffs, White Wags and Wheatear. All around the weymouth area.

Saw/found my first spring migrants today; A small group of Sand Martins on local reservoir. Not that early now I guess, but pretty welcome ;)

Hi everyone :)

I've been emailed about a swallow sighted in Mundon, Essex this afternoon (19th March), Is this early?

Thanks,
Shirl
:t:

It's an early one in the sense that the main arrivals won't be arriving for quite some while yet. In the first 1% or so of the UK swallows to arrive, I guess you could say?

I've seen 7 wheatears already this weekend... and with a good Southerly wind blowing, things wil be moving North now!

In Leics/Rutland....

Osprey at Rutland Water Friday 19th
LRPlovers at three sites since Wednesday 17th
Sand Martins first seen Wednesday 17th and flocks of up to 50 since
Swallow first seen Friday 19th
Wheatears first seen Friday 19th and reports of up to 6 together today

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back