• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fedup with I E (1 Viewer)

Hi Kathy, I don't understand this bit, why can't you do that with tabs in Firefox? I'm logged into two other forums and photobucket right now, all in different tabs, I also have the gallery here open in another tab.

Mick

Hi Kathy to elaborate on Micks query, go into File, select New tab and open another site in the new tab and add as many tabs as you like. Alternately drag other sites from your Bookmarks onto the tool bar dropping them next to opened tab, you'll see a small blue positioning arrow, and away you go |;|

Stewart

Hi Mick/Stewart.

Sorry for the slow answer, as I have had a lot to do today, and tend to remain logged in on BF, but carry on doing other things to do in my life. Got a lot of catching up with my Admin at the moment. :eek!: :t:

Thank you for bringing up the subject about tabs. Was not sure how to present what I was saying and if it came across as clearly as it should have come across.
The issue with firefox is as follows.
With IE I could use 'Show Desktop' and the all the tabs of any sites etc..appeared automatically on the desktop. Never created the windows or tabs at all. That is what i meant about being able to click on any 'tab' using the desktop. It was a breeze to use.

With Firefox, I can still use the tabs on the bottom and top toolbar (if that makes sense, and never used the file drop down menu mentioned at all)

I can see where the meaning of tabs/windows comes into its own. Thank you for taking the time to explain to me.

I can multi tab now and there are no problems at all. Use the right mouse button and, and a drop down menu and add, move around, and take away tabs according to what is needed. :t:

Kathy
in Firefox, when selecting a link, right click on the link and you will open a box which asks you whether you want to open in a new window, or open in a new tab. Select new tab and you have open the page on your desk top and you can change between one tab and the next by selecting the title at the top, or if like me you have loads of tabs open, go to the line of titles and follow it to the right, you'll see a small blue arrow pointing right and next to it on the right an even smaller triangle pointing down. Click on this trianlge and it will give you a list of all the currently open tabs, from which you can select which one you want.
I have a home page which consists of 21 open tabs, things like Birdforum, Opus, BTO website, Bubo listing, work related sites...loads of them and they all open up when I open up Firefox.

Hi Keith

I can see what is meant now with the opening, using, and closing of the tabs after a little trail and practice (was a bit slow here daah me)

Thanks for your help everyone, and keeping me straight with Firefox..
The other suggestions here have helped too and it is goes that people are helping each other out here. Thank you for that help too. :t:

Changing the subject slightly, I have been using Firefox for a while now but There is one site, BF's sister site 'World Photography Forum' that will not allow me to upload pics with FF but is fine in IE. This has only happened since I went over to FF v3. I have not changed any settings and regularly upload to several other sites with FF no problem. There are other users on WPF uploading with FF. Anyone got any Ideas?

Roy I have just uploaded a picture to WPF, I'm using Firefox3 and it went normally. I suspect you will have to have a dig around in the settings but what I can't imagine.

Mick

Roy I have just uploaded a picture to WPF, I'm using Firefox3 and it went normally. I suspect you will have to have a dig around in the settings but what I can't imagine.

Mick
Yep, there are several users on WPF who have no trouble with FF 3 Mick. Like I say I can upload to at least four other sites with no problem but its a no go with WPF. I have checked every setting and cannot see what the problem is.
When I want to upload to WPF I have to remember to do it vie IE.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back