• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fowlmere anyone? (1 Viewer)

matthompson

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyones been to Fowlmere over the past week or so, thinking of paying it a visit. Hows the Starling roost? Any Kingfishers about ? and anything else of interest?
Cheers
Mat

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyones been to Fowlmere over the past week or so, thinking of paying it a visit. Hows the Starling roost? Any Kingfishers about ? and anything else of interest?
Cheers
Mat

Haven't been for a while which is shocking as I only live 3 miles away but I'm extremely busy at the moment! I have yet to see a decent roost of starlings at Fowlmere, or anywhere else in Cambs for that matter. Haven't seen any kingfishers last few visits and there's been nothing on Cambirds there for a while though if it's not rare it often doesn't get reported anyway. I was last there a few weeks back when I found a jack snipe.

You might find the odd woodcock has been seen and maybe a brambling or two. A barn owl has been around for much of the year too and there's always a chance this time of year of a merlin perhaps or something rarer like a bittern or firecrest. Good luck if you go.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back