• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

away

It's gone!
Here's an approximation of how it'll look in-situ.
(The foreground rockscape will be cut-out and placed in front of the riverscape.)
Cheers - singl malt Arthur - better late than never?
Night off for me - beddy-byes.

Attachments

• PIC1.jpg
    PIC1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 117
  • PIC2.jpg
    PIC2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 118
It's gone!
(The foreground rockscape will be cut-out and placed in front of the riverscape.)

Hi Tim

Look forward to seeing your results here.

Just take your time. and it will all work out at the end of the day for you. :t:

Ha! ha! Cheers Des - I suppose it's the artist's equivalent to prisoners in a chain gang, breaking stones! - All day, every day . . . . . . .
Actually I didn't mind doing the whole job, once I got into it and I'm now looking forward to seeing a photo of the panels in-situ (doubt I'll ever get to see it in the flesh).

That's truely amazing. As I have no doubt said before - You are a very clever chap! And it was great to see how you worked it up.

Fantastic Tim

i love the composition and the vibrant colours of British Summer. I am enjoying looking at your close up pics of the rocks as I keep finding things that I am missing!

It's gone!

...and I'm sure you slept well! Just a note to say well done on a top class piece of illustration work, it really is exceptional Tim.

Can imagine will take you a few days to recharge the batteries after such a large undertaking. Enjoy it!

Fantastic Tim - thanks for showing us what it will look like in situ...glad to hear you enjoyed the process - makes life so much more enjoyable!

Well, Tim, there isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. I am sort of glad I was away for so long because I was able to see the progression without have to wait! My only regret is that I wasn't able to give you moral support with everyone else on such a huge project. Even though I was absent, know that I sent good thoughts your way and hoped you were getting through it.
It really is wonderful.

Oh and I too think next time it snows you need to find a steeper more ominous hill for the kiddies to play on. One with a frozen stream at the end is always a good one for adventure to ensue.

best
Beth

Back to the forum, and YAY! You've finished it, looking forward to seeing what comes next.
Thanks Nick - BUT it's actually 'NAY!' as it has been returned for slight amendments!! (and people wonder why I FU**ING HATE illustrating!!!!!)
Ah well - onwards and, er, onwards - I suppose.
Chhhheeeeeeeersssssssschhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

b*gger! I understand why you hate illustrating. I've been doing a black and white blackcap for a magazine all day, and as I have no idea what sort of 'mood' they wanted me to paint it in, I fiddled and fiddled and then decided f*ck it, they can have a loose quick one and either like it or lump it. I suppose as it's not paid work, I have the luxury of telling them where to stick it if they're not happy. So what was it they weren't happy about? (hope they're paying the postage back and forth!)

Ohmigod Tim - I can't believe they returned this for ANY kind of amendments - the bl00dy cheek - no wonder you don't like illustrating...as Nick says - I suppose it's easier to tell them where to get off if they aren't paying for it - but I'd be very tempted as I'm sure you are...

The work was nothing short of brilliant so what the heck needs amending?

Ha! Thanks for the moral support. My client IS right, though - I haven't managed to capture the essence of the landscape's character and I need to change the colours and add a bit more detail. It's just annoying when I think I've finished a job, only to realise I haven't.
Har-de-har, I'll get it done today.

Just realised how long it's been and what a lot has gone on since I last commented.

I've been watching your progress on this monumental job and I must've been stunned into silence by the sheer scale of the thing! I reckon you've done a brilliant job and it's going to look great in situ and I'm sure it will inspire and inform all those who get the chance to enjoy it.

Clients love to have their say and don't feel they're doing their job if they say nothing. It can be tough to refrain from deckin' em at times! Totally understand the frustration and sympathise completely.

It's a cracker, I hope you and the malt enjoy the wrap party, you deserve to!

Mike

I just don't get it. If you were to paint something for me (ehem) there is no way in hell I would send it back with color or atmosphere amendments.
Interesting. I guess if you agree with them, then it isn't that big of a deal, but still, such a large pair these people must have.

Ha! Thanks for the moral support. My client IS right, though - I haven't managed to capture the essence of the landscape's character and I need to change the colours and add a bit more detail. It's just annoying when I think I've finished a job, only to realise I haven't.
Har-de-har, I'll get it done today.

Tim, have you considered a couple of half submerged shopping trollies? Possibly a Donald Trump golf course on the hillside, complete with hotel and conference centre. Then you really would have captured the essence of the British countryside! ;);)

such a large pair these people must have.
Eloquently and sensitively put, Beth (the image is a little disturbing though ;) )
Cheers Des - The upper Wharfe is a fair throw from Asda, but no doubt there'll be something despicable in there.
Anyway - The painting has gone - AGAIN, hopefully next time I see it will be to archive it.
Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back