• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

beautiful goose - looks like it's been painted onto one of my beach towels (and why not, certainly nothing better to do with them atm). Having a backgound colour does help so much in creating harmony in a scene without overworking things.

Love the photos, User, I'm enjoying watching the snow melt here - mwahahahhaaha

Very arty User - hope that's not the remains of your car, there! ;) - and feel free to pop in anytime.

[chuckle]...no Tim...the 'tiresome' pics were not of my vehicle..but were probably the best 'visual' thing i saw this afternoon whilst searching for birds!

ps....even these flippin discarded freezers were somewhat over-chilled...!

pps...apologies for posting 'rubbish' shots...;)

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 60
beautiful start, so much movement and life already, love how the strokes of paint make the feather pattern without being fussy.

God I'm a fickle b@rstid. No sooner have I decided that snow-geese is the love of this week than that little tempter the drake goldeneye just happens to be frolicking about by the side of the path which mad-dog and I are walking on. Although nearly pitch black, I decide to stop and take a closer peek with the bins and, as soon as I do, he goes into alert mode; stretching his neck and periscoping around. I have to make a quick aide-memoire in my tiny pad and virtually run back to the house to make a version with 'colour' on it - not that there was much of that!

Attachments

• dge-8.jpg
    dge-8.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 71
  • dge2-8.jpg
    dge2-8.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 91
Im impressed young man......to knock out a quick sketch like that, and keep the mad dog from chasing it.......love the sketches.....just so you

Looking forward to seeing the finished Graylag Tim and really enjoying that 'aide-memoire', though I think that's a wee bit of an understatement......... It's quite an accomplishment for being done in the dark and on the run.

God I'm a fickle b@rstid. No sooner have I decided that snow-geese is the love of this week than that little tempter the drake goldeneye just happens to be frolicking about by the side of the path which mad-dog and I are walking on. Although nearly pitch black, I decide to stop and take a closer peek with the bins and, as soon as I do, he goes into alert mode; stretching his neck and periscoping around. I have to make a quick aide-memoire in my tiny pad and virtually run back to the house to make a version with 'colour' on it - not that there was much of that!

here I am awake and online at this unnatural hour on Saturday- two children already ferried to music and football so far -and this utterly authentic Goldeneye makes it more than worth it

Had to take the drawings just a step further.
This is a composition involving three of the four drake goldeneys which are frequenting the bay between the Sailing Club and my pier. Curiously they have 'paired off' - in that they pop around in twos, diving and displaying to each other. Confused? . . .

Attachments

• goldeneyes.jpg
    goldeneyes.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 120
Had to take the drawings just a step further.
This is a composition involving three of the four drake goldeneys which are frequenting the bay between the Sailing Club and my pier. Curiously they have 'paired off' - in that they pop around in twos, diving and displaying to each other. Confused? . . .

What can I say. Like this very much Tim...

...just oozes and oozes goldeneyeness:clap:

Bloody marvelous composition too..

Love the lighting, buoyancy of birds and motion of water...

ps....some idiot might even be tempted to say that the water looks 'swell'...[ooopps..groan]..;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back