• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

I love that dozing sketch- surely you must be tempted to do a tableau with it just visible between some flapping laundry? Is laundry colourful up in Orkney or mostly white?
Cerise towels, Ed - and would they shift? would they buggery.
Thanks for the kind words, all.

Just back in from a very pleasant hour or so n the pier; sipping an early g&t with lemon, watching the eiders drift by and making a couple of crappy little watercolour sketches of the recently moored Orkney Yole.
Just every now and then, life seems so b100dy sweet . . . .

Attachments

• yole 1.jpg
    yole 1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 55
  • yole 2.jpg
    yole 2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 65
I'd like to go out in that boat.......for me the sweetness always seems to come just after the moments of wondering what the heck is going on, is this all there is.....

I'd like to go out in that boat.......for me the sweetness always seems to come just after the moments of wondering what the heck is going on, is this all there is.....

sounds like a good idea, get in that boat - there'd better be some gin left! Very chilled scene, love it. Ice and a slice.

sounds like a good idea, get in that boat - there'd better be some gin left! Very chilled scene, love it. Ice and a slice.
Y'know Nick - that's not a bad idea B :)
Just a beautiful evening here now, a breath of air and a glass of clear on the pier - chin chin!
Anyone fancy joining me? . . . .

well I've finished the wine now, only beer left (ouch the hangover tomorrow) but I'll raise a glass to you and good news!

Now it seems I've passed by the sublime charcoals and not mentioned how much I love 'em, very remiss of me and I deserve to be given a dry slap. Then I find that the dry slap comes in the form of a simply superb set of hoopy sketches and two perfect scenes of tranquility produced in what sounds like ideal conditions! (Crappy little sketches my a**e!) Bl00dy sweet indeed!

Mike

Congratulations to Tim - whose Arctic Skuas are the World Birds Category winner in the BBC Wildlife Magazine competition!

Champagne all round! Congratulations Tim!

And you can dress me in spangles and call me Barbera 'cos I won the British Birds catagory with 'Too late!' the peregrine chasing the lapwing.

Oddly enough one of the officials tried to give me Tim's skuas this afternoon so I got to see it in all its glory! Turns out I couldn't have in the end though, but he only got it back off me after a struggle!

Did I also see some Derry bee-eaters?

Mike

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy for EVErrrry Body! Another beer here methinks, got to open one for you too Mike!

ah feck work tomorrow!

Outrageous behaviour gentlemen - I shall be surveying the birds of Orkney in the usual fastidious manner in the morning - at, erm, approximately . . . . Friday. Chin chin !

Hey, Please put up a scorecard.:) I read Nick had won his award, then read congratulations to Mike and thought I'd misread the original post. then read about Tim's award and thought I must have taken those beer smilies much too seriously. I was getting very confused.

My heartiest congratulations to you all - well deserved by everyone!!

Way to go Tim! one of the rock starts for sure! Have you posted Skuas ,or will you so we can all see? BBC obviously has chosen the cream of the crop in you three.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back