• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Funny ad (1 Viewer)

PeterPS

Kiribati
Title:"Binoculars Scanlux 8x30 Goated"
I guess the seller meant to say Coated.
The Zeiss 8x60 fat/tall boy and the Nikon WX 10x50 are GOATed.

Well, none of us is immune to the odd typo or occasional grammatical error, certainly not I after 50 years of exile.
However, it does surprise me to see how some mix up there, their and they're and how many on the other side of the pond forget the -ed at the end of a verb in simple past - or is that considered grammatically correct there?

John

PS:- Oh, and "would of" instead of would've (would have)!

Last edited:
Well, none of us is immune to the odd typo or occasional grammatical error, certainly not I after 50 years of exile.
However, it does surprise me to see how some mix up there, their and they're and how many on the other side of the pond forget the -ed at the end of a verb in simple past - or is that considered grammatically correct there?

John

PS:- Oh, and "would of" instead of would've (would have)!
I cannot tell you anything about the -ed, but many people posting on the internet use their, your etc. as a shorter form of they're, you're etc. (also to in lieu of too etc.).

Title:"Binoculars Scanlux 8x30 Goated"
I guess the seller meant to say Coated.
The Zeiss 8x60 fat/tall boy and the Nikon WX 10x50 are GOATed.
I have been asked why Zeiss 8x60 blc and Nikon WX are GOATed. Goated is a way of saying someone/something is a GOAT=Greatest Of All Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back