• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Have You Seen Any of These Birds? (1 Viewer)

Motmot, I guess I was in a hurry and just missed the incorrect label of the bird in question.

I have edited my above post to correct the bird species of wavethree's photos.

I've seen:

Andaman Scops Owl
Flores Scops Owl
Mindanao Scops Owl
Mantanani Scops Owl
Simeulue Scops Owl

Rob H has posted previously and seen the rest bar Enggano Scops.

J

Alan, which of these owls have you seen?

Andaman Scops Owl
Flores Scops Owl
Mindanao Scops Owl
Luzon Scops Owl
Mindoro Scops Owl
Mantani Scops Owl
Simeule Scops Owl
Enggano Scops Owl
Anjouan Scops Owl
Moheli Scops Owl

* I do not think Rob H has posted in this thread, so do not know which of these he has seen.

In addition to the ones James mentioned I've seen;

Luzon Scops Owl
Mindoro Scops Owl
Anjouan Scops Owl
Moheli Scops Owl

Added to "Seen List" Jan 3, 2013

Anjouan Scops Owl
Luzon Scops Owl
Mindoro Scops Owl
Moheli Scops Owl

Blue-winged Racquet-tail

* Lists are shown in the attachment on the first post of this thread.

Larry,
I think Colombian Crake (Neocrex colombiana) is another good candidate for the NON SEEN list... know few people that has seen it but doubt any of those guys visit this thread...
saludos, d.

swanky, I will place the Rinjani Scops Owl in the "Not Seen" list".

Diego, has the new storm petrel been given a name yet? I could not seem to find one in the materials you sited?

Thanks, Diego, I have entered the storm-petrel in the "Not Seen" list.

* These lists are found as an attachment to the first post in this thread.

Larry,
could you add the recently described Delta Amacuro Softtail (Thripophaga amacurensis) please?...

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.15...id=2134&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&sid=21101718472853

btw, should be added to the SEEN list as I saw this one with David Ascanio and others on a great short trip after the 2007 Maturin NOC (http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/sets/72157632472392600/)

enjoy!

PS. Larry, also note that the txt filename is Updated February-16-2013.txt but inside it the title says "Updated: November 8, 2012" and should be updated also.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back