• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HD Camcorder for videoscoping (1 Viewer)

Could you remeber what was setting in cameras zoom and scopes zoom

Hi Musti, sorry to take so long to get back to you as I was in Kazakhstan (and got some great digiscoping and videoscoping shots while there!).

I was using the new Swaro 25-50x zoom (at 50x magnification), attached using the brand spanking new UCA digiscoping adaptor (I'll have some pics of it on my blog in the next few days) and used no zoom on the camcorder.

If you are in to videoscoping, you may want to add a link to your latest stuff on "Digiscoping Today", so that others can also keep track of what you have been up to.

Happy birding,

I have now system with that I can take full HD videos with scope

Kowa 883 scope
Kowa TE-20H eyepiece
Kowa TSN-DA10 adapter
Kowa TSN-AR37 ring
Panasonic HDC-SD100 video camera
Sennheiser K6/ME66 microfone
Reinhardt RH PG2
Manfrotto 501HDV head

Attachments

• putki.jpg
    putki.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 408
I have now system with that I can take full HD videos with scope

Kowa 883 scope
Kowa TE-20H eyepiece
Kowa TSN-DA10 adapter
Kowa TSN-AR37 ring
Panasonic HDC-SD100 video camera
Sennheiser K6/ME66 microfone
Reinhardt RH PG2
Manfrotto 501HDV head

looks like a great setup. do you have any videoscoped videos to show off? send me the link, I would love to see them.

I am interested in how well the microphone works. Are you happy with it? How good are the results?

Happy birding

microphone works fine and are sensitive. I don't have not yet enough of good videos, I must study to use the system so that videos are good.

Looks like a good setup Musti. What is the shortcomings of the videos you've been taking so far?
I have tryed to taking videos from foxies, Roe Deer and Black Grouses.

It's not so easy rotate scope so that picture are good when animal are walking or running

I have tryed to taking videos from foxies, Roe Deer and Black Grouses.

It's not so easy rotate scope so that picture are good when animal are walking or running

I suppose that will be a problem with the way our digiscoping setups are balanced (long and thin as opposed to the compact heaviness of sport/professional video cameras) and the type of tripod head you are using.
I cannot remember if you were already using a telescope rail to center balance the setup...

Most tripods used for scopes and by digiscopers tend to be designed to be stable when set, but not necessarily to be smooth when panning. The result is a jerky image. And as almost any digiscoper will attest to, it is really hard to follow moving objects even with the best of setups.

Well, you certainly have chosen difficult subjects to start with, so I wish you all the best!

One tip that I have used and works reasonable well, is to tie a very large elastic band (or 2) to the pan handle. Use the band to pull the pan handle, this will help to eliminate some of the jerky movement when panning with a litttle practise.

One video taking with scope where rabbit eating
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJNIQRseZY

This video are direct m2ts file uploaded to youtube

nice video musti! I look forward to more...

you system appears to be very stable - were you in a hide or something? or was there just no wind?

the sound on the video came through as jerky (as though it were turning on and off all the time) - I don't know if this was my internet connection or if it was from the original video.

nice video musti! I look forward to more...

you system appears to be very stable - were you in a hide or something? or was there just no wind?

the sound on the video came through as jerky (as though it were turning on and off all the time) - I don't know if this was my internet connection or if it was from the original video.
This version works better with audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMaFxy6dc6Q

in the first version seems to be dolby 5.1 audio and youtube don't like it

Watching HD on utube can be very "jerky" . Some days it is smooth as silk, others it is pretty pathetic.

I thought it was my connection speed, but then some days it is good even though my connection speed stays the same!

Musti, how long did it take to upload the first 2mts file, and what speed have you got?

Den

Watching HD on utube can be very "jerky" . Some days it is smooth as silk, others it is pretty pathetic.

I thought it was my connection speed, but then some days it is good even though my connection speed stays the same!

Musti, how long did it take to upload the first 2mts file, and what speed have you got?

Den
I don't remeber but I have 10 M connection to both directions

Please try 720p version, it's works better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMaFxy6dc6Q

I am quite happy with the little Pana SD100 with my Swaro scope and 25-50x eyepiece and have been using it quite a lot recently.

You might be interested in this videoscoped shot of wallcreepers at a nest

and over the next few weeks, I will be posting videos of the following species:
Himalayan Rubythroat in the Tien Chan of Kazakhstan
Pygmy Cormorant in Po Delta, Italy
Euro Bee-eaters
Squacco Heron
Black-crowned Night Heron
Grey-necked Buntings
Avocets and Black-winged Stilts
amongst others

Happy videoscoping

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back