• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello (1 Viewer)

deboo

hi,
nice forum here, one question:
would you include these on your list?
black brant, yellow legged gull, caspian gull, white wagtail, hooded crow, sibe chiffchaff.
thanks in advance.

Hi j lowe,

Welcome to BirdForum.

I would sure include them on my list if I ever saw them! (As you see, I am from the US).

I am certain someone will be along shortly to give you a more serious answer. Apparently some of these birds are considered to be subspecies or something of that nature, right?

Good Birding,

Hi J lowe,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

In answer to your question and with precious little logic
No (ss of Brent),
Yes (although NO according to the BOU),
Possibly - not seen one (although NO according to the BOU),
No (white and pied wag one species),
Yes because BOU splits from Carrion Crow,
No (according to BOU).

Even for the No's I would note the subspecies seen.

I'm sure you will get some different answers on this one.

Last edited:
Hi J. As Robin points out, the BOU now regard Hooded Crow as a distinct species from Carrion Crow, so I've ticked it (not that I think the split's justified - but what do I know?). They've not split any of the others, so I haven't either.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back