• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I have a Wren bird nest with three eggs in it in the hood of my car (1 Viewer)

So I noticed a bird coming from inside my car hood near my windshield wipers and today I opened up the hood of the car and there was a nest. At first I didn’t see eggs so I took it out but then I did. So at the point I put it back we’re I found it in the hood of my car. The wildlife rescue places near me don’t take wrens or their eggs. What should I do? Should I just leave the nest in the hood of my car or put it in a tree. I don’t want to be a bird murderer. Please help me.

Hi Kathleen and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

The best thing to do is to leave it where it is. However, this won't work if you really need to use your car. If you do, it probably needs a bit of thought and planning, moving the nest bit by bit to a safer place, but it may not work.

Maybe someone else has some ideas.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news; please let us know how you get on.

If you've got another car you can use, that would be great. Have you been using your car recently and the Wren was still there it might be okay for short trips where the engine doesn't get too hot. It takes close to 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch and then another 2 to 3 weeks before they leave the nest. Tough call girl.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

So I noticed a bird coming from inside my car hood near my windshield wipers and today I opened up the hood of the car and there was a nest. At first I didn’t see eggs so I took it out but then I did. So at the point I put it back we’re I found it in the hood of my car. The wildlife rescue places near me don’t take wrens or their eggs. What should I do? Should I just leave the nest in the hood of my car or put it in a tree. I don’t want to be a bird murderer. Please help me.
Did you have success with the wren nest?

If you can leave it in car till hatched and gone

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back