• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help please; New Jersey (1 Viewer)

blackrose

United States
What would be some of the more interesting birds to film ???
Got plenty of backyard and migratory birds, but the ones here all seem 'common to me' LOL.
Heard that Wood Thrushes were hard to get on camera, and we have a bunch of wood thrushes here...so maybe those?
or maybe some funny looking woodcocks? not sure, what do you all think or like?

PS: I had thought this guy was a wood thrush fledgling...but maybe you all could confirm or correct? (this was mid-July here)

Hi Blackrose - as I said in your other thread I've moved this post to the ID forum, as they're better placed to help you in there.

I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Thank you for the corrections, They look almost identical lol....
I think I was misled by the eyes/irises not colored or yellow when I was trying to identify it,
and this looked more spotted than striped on the breast by eye. 🙃
But now that I get to see some better pics of those juvies here...👍

At least I got something to shoot for now lol...but those are more summertime residents here. I know I've seen those spotted looking thrushes in the woods, so I'll have to get some shots of them as well. Gonna have to check out and see if there's any difference in the calls, as that may tell me a lot more, there are a few different kinds in back ....it's a flute symphony by the creek 🎵

😁

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back