• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (2 Viewers)

Been away for a while, dunno if I take much more of Peter's excellent stuff, oh ok then.....the egret's a belter.

Must get around to doing some newer stuff, but a friend recently brought me an envelope full of old pen 'n' inks that I'd supplied for many an old Ayrshire and Scottish Bird Report, which I thought some would be worth posting - some of the small ones are very small indeed!

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• juv sand martin_1.jpg
    juv sand martin_1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 66
  • merlin_1.jpg
    merlin_1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 63
  • small selection_1.jpg
    small selection_1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 69
Lovely collection, Andrew! Can't help but think of the late Dr. Ennion and the scrapbook pages of little drawings he'd assemble, from sketches made on the backs of scrap paper while out doing his rounds.

And that's not a bad thought to evoke, that's for sure.
These are great Andrew - I always look forward to your posts. The Leach's s-p and the shortie are wonderful studies of jizz as well s being anatomicaly spot-on (the billowing primaries of the shortie on the trn is realy well described).

wonderful stuff, I personally can't do this sort of drawing and I'm jealous of anyone who can - these really are great.

Been away for a while, dunno if I take much more of Peter's excellent stuff, oh ok then.....the egret's a belter.

Must get around to doing some newer stuff, but a friend recently brought me an envelope full of old pen 'n' inks that I'd supplied for many an old Ayrshire and Scottish Bird Report, which I thought some would be worth posting - some of the small ones are very small indeed!

Cheers,
Andrew

These really are a treat, love the Sand Martin in particular, really well done. Used to do a lot of ink work, in fact pretty much all of my serious early work was along these lines fo the local bird report back in Dublin, so I know how good these are..;)

Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing more in the future, seeing these makes me think about running off to buy some technical pens!

This 5"x5" is more of a landscape of a wildlife area a few hours south of where I live called Shasta Valley. There are a couple of Northern Shovelers thrown into the throng of coots.

Attachments

• Shasta Wildlife Area.jpg
    Shasta Wildlife Area.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 71
Once more an evocative image of spectacular scenery, you've managed to get a feeling of huge into a tiny painting.

Mike

superb, an unusual angle and a great rule-breaker - so many people insist that we have to see the bird's head, and it's just not true.

Good point Nick. This is an intriguing image and all the more effective because of the angles - the underside of the tree-limb is beautifully rendered. Another great painting Peter.

Andrew, those ink drawings are wonderful!!! I'm a fan of this medium (though I haven't been doing any ink work in a long long time) and you handle the medium wonderfully!

Peter, another set of wows!

Elina

Some new stuff, but in colour - managed a trip to the UAE last month, both of these species were high on the 'wanted list'.

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• crab plover_1.jpg
    crab plover_1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 65
  • Eastern Pied or Variable Wheatear_1.jpg
    Eastern Pied or Variable Wheatear_1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 53
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back