• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (2 Viewers)

Three more daily paintings, which are all 5" x 5"... a pair of pheasants in more of a landscape, a caspian tern (#3 in a series with the same pose and background), and a great egret flying overhead on a clear, crisp day.

Attachments

• Pheasants out Front 5x5.JPG
    Pheasants out Front 5x5.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Caspian Tern 5x5.JPG
    Caspian Tern 5x5.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Egret 5x5.JPG
    Egret 5x5.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 54
just realised I admired the last lot and didn't comment, all of them are superb, in particular the pheasants, just perfectly placed in there to create an amazing picture.

just realised I admired the last lot and didn't comment, all of them are superb, in particular the pheasants, just perfectly placed in there to create an amazing picture.
Almost exactly what just sprung into my mind too. It's so easy to just stare and stare without lifting the two typing fingers - suffice to say they are gorgeous. I'm particularly drawn to the minimaistic background theme - works very well.

You have a rare ability to put the bird in the space Peter!
Your sense for composing is really unique!
Having been very busy during the last months, I managed to do very little of field work
but meanwhile there are few drawings created, which I'd love to share with you!
Bison , R-b-goose and Raven were sketched today morning at our zoo..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Common-Gull-1W.jpg
    Common-Gull-1W.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Common-Raven.jpg
    Common-Raven.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Eurasian-Lynx.jpg
    Eurasian-Lynx.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
  • European-bison.jpg
    European-bison.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
..and the second portion...
I forgot to mention the Pygmy Owl,recently finished illustration..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Herring-Gull-1w.jpg
    Herring-Gull-1w.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Red-breasted-goose.jpg
    Red-breasted-goose.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Pygmy-owl.jpg
    Pygmy-owl.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 55
All are incredible. I really like the bison and the way you rendered its coat. Wow!

Here are some recent daily paintings...

Attachments

• Gray Jay 4x4.JPG
    Gray Jay 4x4.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Tundra Swan 7x5.JPG
    Tundra Swan 7x5.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Greenwing Teal 4x4.JPG
    Greenwing Teal 4x4.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 47
  • long billed curlew 5x5.JPG
    long billed curlew 5x5.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Robin's Nest 5x5.JPG
    Robin's Nest 5x5.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 35
Fabulous work Guys - another huge vote for the bison image Paschalis (the pygmy owl is a superb piece of work too).
Excellent stuff Peter - the teal looks headed for a duck stamp comp? This goldfinch is a splendid piece.

though all are top drawer, the goldfinch stands out as having everything - colour, composition, form and originality.

Agree absolutely with Tim and Nick, but I'll vote also for Gray Jay and Swan!
Successfully depicted back light belong always to my favorites!

Paschalis

Well I guess I've been stunned into silence by the recent standard of work here, superb stuff Peter, Paschalis, you set the bar very high indeed.

Mike

I hope everyone is doing well! Here are some recent paintings. One is a flyfishing painting from a recent camping trip. It doesn't have any birds in it, but I thought I would post it anyway. The wigeon painting at sunrise was a commissioned painting of a particular marsh and the teal painting was inspired by the lighting. It's been on mind for a while and I was excited to finally get to it.
Happy Painting,
Peter

Attachments

• Metolius2.JPG
    Metolius2.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Roswell Wigeon2.JPG
    Roswell Wigeon2.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 58
  • November Tealsm.JPG
    November Tealsm.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 56
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back