• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Late butterflies 2021 (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Late or last butterflies 2021 ... Was seeing plenty of Small/Large Whites a few weeks back, Small Copper in the garden etc

Yesterday 15th October - Peacock resting on wood pile in garden, Speckled Wood and Red Admiral locally in overcast conditions.

I've still got the remains of some buddleia flowers and globe thistles in the garden, but was really surprised to see a Red Admiral flitting between them yesterday - we had a light fall of snow on the Cairngorms the night before and there was frost on the car in the morning.

Red Admiral, Speckled Wood, Brimstone and Small White in south Hants today (16/10) plus Migrant Hawker patrolling the garden and Bombus pascuorum workers on the Cosmos.

I had a Camberwell Beauty flying over my head on the 12th at my German local patch. I had been looking for them as there was a small invasion in the Netherlands... just a shame I did not get a picture!

I had a Camberwell Beauty flying over my head on the 12th at my German local patch. I had been looking for them as there was a small invasion in the Netherlands... just a shame I did not get a picture!
Are they not regular in Germany? I've seen numerous individuals up in St Petersburg, Russia over the years, including ones that have clearly overwintered.

A white in flight from the lounge window yesterday (looked large).

Out for an hours wander behind the house this afternoon: 4 Red Admiral and one still smart looking Speckled Wood.

Are they not regular in Germany? I've seen numerous individuals up in St Petersburg, Russia over the years, including ones that have clearly overwintered.
I'm sure I answered this but the post has disappeared. Maybe someone didn't trust my link?

They only occur in eastern Germany and the Black Forest – they've been gone for 65 years from where I live (the low west of the country).

Small & Green-veined Whites, Small Copper, Small Heath, Painted Lady, Clouded Yellow, Mallow Skipper, Queen of Spain, Brown Argus, Wall Brown and Red Admiral seen here yesterday and Today.

Chris

After several days of rain the sun has come out again here and since Wednesday I've been able to add Brown Hairstreak, Delattin's and Eastern Rock Graylings, Oberthür's Grizzled Skipper, Small Heath and Small Copper to the ubiquitous Clouded Yellows and Red Admirals!

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back