• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Late butterflies 2021 (1 Viewer)

Red Admiral sunning on the wall near the front door this afternoon. Also picked up a tick* when out today, was a bit surprised but apparently fairly normal into November.

*(Blood sucking invertebrate on my upper leg, as opposed to being a new species for me. Or it might be. But probably not.)

With apologies to those freezing in the UK - The mercury nudging 20ºC here this morning produced two Red Admirals, a Clouded Yellow and a bonus Wall Brown. Also several Willow Spreadwings, a couple of Southern Darters and a Migrant Hawker.

Chris

22 December, on a dark night walk from Letheringsett to Holt along the disused railway track bordered by ivy-clad trees, there were about 100 white moths fluttering around, obviously disturbed by my flashlight. Quite an eerie sight

Very impressed with recent sightings. Apparently a record-breaking New Year's Eve here in the UK - 15.6 celsius in Somerset? No sunshine here in Cornwall - mist and greyness.

Better get the First of 2022 started then Dan! :)
Ha ;-) Only if and when I see the first of the year ... otherwise it's up to whoever sees one to start the thread methinks.

I did see a Red Admiral in Falmouth on 1st Jan one year and mentioned it here on BF - the county recorder got in touch as it was first report of the year apparently.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back