• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lee Thickett (Troubador) - R.I.P. (2 Viewers)

A2GG

Beth
United States
I was informed this morning that Lee died on Saturday, 11/25. Lee’s wife Aileen sent me an email earlier with this sad news.

Lee was my my ‘pen pal’ for the last decade. I talked to him several times per week via email. We became close friends. I really valued his friendship and I’m going to miss him dearly. I’ll never forget him. We had a lot of laughs. He was very supportive and helped me through some tough times. He was a special man, smart, funny and caring. He was loyal to his friends and family. He never really complained even when he was very ill. He had great character.
I’ll never have a friend like Lee again.

Thank you for your friendship, Lee.

R.I.P.
love, Beth

Last edited:
This is such a sad thing to hear. His musings over optics is what kept bringing me back to the forums. devastating news. My prayers are with his family and friends. May the Almighty give them the time and space to come to terms with this loss. This community, I am sure, will miss him immensely.
Arijit

Oh so sad!!! Devastating news. Not unexpected maybe, but still hard to take. I new something must be very wrong when my last message went unanswered.

I'll really miss him too.

RIP my friend.

I'm sorry to hear this. T was a decent man who loved nature and was generous in describing what he saw; extremely tolerant with the quirks of the motley crew that shows up here, and tried to be fair in moderating posts. If I ever see an otter in Scotland I'll be reminded of the observations (that took much patience and understanding to witness, no doubt) that he kindly shared with us. Thanks and goodbye Mr T.

I have exchanged emails and kept in touch with Lee for many years, he was always very kind and ready to share his ample knowledge. I knew he had a terminal disease (in his own words), noticed he was not seen on the BF since October 16 and feared he was not well but was afraid to ask. May he rest in peace and condolences to his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back