• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica BA and BN Serial #s (1 Viewer)

dries1

Is there a table, complete with year of production of both BA and BN models through end of production of the BNs? I have seen one for the early BA models but nothing for later BN production dates.

Is there a table, complete with year of production of both BA and BN models through end of production of the BNs? I have seen one for the early BA models but nothing for later BN production dates.
In addition to the question of dries1: if you can’t read the SN on your BA/BN anymore because due to time and/or heavy use the SN faded how can you determine the SN? Is the SN also inside the binocular some where?

I rather doubt it. But the number seems to be slightly incised on the eyecup, so if the paint has worn off you may still be able to see it in the right light with a magnifying lens.
Tenex, thanks to the old magnifying glas of my late grandfather ❤️ i was able to determine the first three numbers: 145.

Are the remaining four digits totally worn away? Most unusual; you could ask Leica whether there's any other recourse. In any case 145 should put it c.2000-01, around the BA-BN transition. If you had it serviced they might just assign a new number.

Are the remaining four digits totally worn away? Most unusual; you could ask Leica whether there's any other recourse. In any case 145 should put it c.2000-01, around the BA-BN transition. If you had it serviced they might just assign a new number.
Well not totally worn away after further inspection in the dark with a flashlight and grandpa’s old magnifying glas just now: under a certain angle i think i read a 7 digit number: 145?275.
”Leica” and “Made in Germany” disappeared completely.

Got a message back from Leica today: no serial number inside. They will assign a new number if the original SN is gone.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back