• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Louisiana Bird ID by Song (name that tune!) (1 Viewer)

Beaux

United States
So I live in Blanchard, LA and have noticed a bird singing a short 2-note song 🎵 in my yard on multiple occasions. We have heard this call so many times that my 16 year old son actually caught it on audio in the attached video. The song is not very loud on the video, but it is audible at at about the 2 second mark of the video.

Next let me say that my house is back in the woods where the closest street or house is about 150+ yards away. There is NO WAY that this sound is from an app on someone’s telephone. This is not a joke or some silly hoax. I sincerely think the Twitter Bird lives in my front yard!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what kind of bird is making this song?!!!
View attachment IMG_4097.MOV

Hard to tell from a 3 second clip, but could it be a turkey?
They are pretty clever at hiding, although their calls do travel.
In the spring, they get really loud, so stay tuned.

Please let us know if you can find the actual bird, my guess could be way off.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back